Spikes to be Traded - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Spikes to be Traded

Moderator: Football Moderators

Spikes to be Traded

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:56 am

The Bills are reportedly close to trading strong-side linebacker Takeo Spikes to an unnamed team.

Spikes, 30, is coming off a mediocre 2006 campaign and entering the final two years of his deal but should be healthy now a full year removed from his torn Achilles'. Keith Ellison, a sixth-round pick last year, will pick up one outside linebacker position when Spikes departs. Mar. 25 - 9:05 am et
Source: Buffalo News

I heard on ESPN that it is going to be to the Eagles. What is with the Bills, first McGahee and now Spikes?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:09 am

I heard the Giants are involved also after they failed to trade for Al Wilson.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:10 am

Better question is, what are the Bills thinking?? They let Clements go, let Fletcher go, traded McGahee away, and now on the verge of trading Spikes away. They're getting rid of just about every player of note (at least of national public awareness) and haven't really done anything to add players, only subtracting. The offseason is looking pretty dreary for Bills fans this year.

:-?
Who knows, maybe the Bills know something about this year's draft that no one else knows about.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 am

killiansjmd wrote:I heard the Giants are involved also after they failed to trade for Al Wilson.

The report i heard was that the deal was pretty much done, it is ESPN so who knows.

Beano-- I agree the Bills are destroying that team. They were on the verge of the playoffs and they now lose there best player of O and a big part of their D, not good. Maybe Marv is doing it so Juaron loses and he can hire himself as coach
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:17 am

I hope he goes to any team other than the Giants, Dolphins, or Pats ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:19 am

I would take him.....Bills fans or anyone that knows out there, does he have anything left?
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Humpback » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 am

eaglesfan wrote:I would take him.....Bills fans or anyone that knows out there, does he have anything left?

Yet another salary dump by the Bills. :,-( It's hard to say how much he has left. He wasn't good this year, but he was coming off of that achilles injury. IF that's 100%, he should have another 2-3 years of above average play left. If he's still a step slow, he's average at best, a liability at worst.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby robnestrick » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:45 am

I think the Bills are thinking about the next few years to be a true contender. I could have spent a lot money to retain McGahee, Fletcher, Clements, Spikes, but they would have no money to play the free agent market in a year or two.

I like this approach of building through the draft, and letting guys go when they are too expensive to keep. If they draft well in the next year or two and can get a decent RB (e.g. Lynch) they should be primed with Evans and Losman to make a real attempt at at a Superbowl, not just the playoffs.
robnestrick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:35 pm

Spikes is in the last year of his contract (with a team option for '08 that the Bills would most likely not pick up), and considering that he's been a disappointment in Buffalo (mostly due to injuries) I'm not that surprised that they're shopping him.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby terpfan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:47 pm

robnestrick wrote:I think the Bills are thinking about the next few years to be a true contender. I could have spent a lot money to retain McGahee, Fletcher, Clements, Spikes, but they would have no money to play the free agent market in a year or two.

I like this approach of building through the draft, and letting guys go when they are too expensive to keep. If they draft well in the next year or two and can get a decent RB (e.g. Lynch) they should be primed with Evans and Losman to make a real attempt at at a Superbowl, not just the playoffs.

Maybe its just me, but Losman and Evans as the core doesnt exactly scream Superbowl. I guess Schobel is a nice player. But you have to think that defense takes a huge step back without Fletcher, Spikes, and Clements. Do they really have a better core right now than most teams in the NFL?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk