Who replaces Fletch and Spikes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who replaces Fletch and Spikes

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who replaces Fletch and Spikes

Postby kyle2270 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:27 pm

Who will replace Fletcher and Spikes in the Bills LB core? thanks
For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son.
kyle2270
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sammyj1404 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:19 am

i have no idea...all i know is thats a huge loss to the bills linebacking core
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:37 am

Bills have plenty of holes to fill. Unless someone drops to them at 12 that they really want I can see them trying to trade down a little to try and stockpile picks.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bdrotoronto » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:58 am

killiansjmd wrote:Bills have plenty of holes to fill. Unless someone drops to them at 12 that they really want I can see them trying to trade down a little to try and stockpile picks.

This is the same team that last year used the #8 pick on Donte Whitner (who in most mocks was projected to go around #24 or so), despite having offers from teams to trade down to the middle of the 1st round.

There is no evidence that the concept of trading down is familiar to them. If they like a guy enough they're just gonna take him.
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homer J » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:08 am

I don't know, either. I liken it to watching a game of chess -- no sense in judging the first several moves, but I would love to see a glimmer of a strategy if not for my own indigestion.

One strategy that's pretty obvious: it's pretty clear that the front office (in trading McGahee and Spikes) is intent on getting something for higher-level players before they bolt (i.e., the year before their contracts are up). That's great for the future, but it tends to leave some pretty big divots.

Both departures are big losses, but Fletcher much moreso IMO. Spikes is coming off a very tough injury (achilles) and is not as well-positioned for the Bills' defensive schemes.

I do think that LB is pretty deep in the draft pool, and we have players (like Crowell and Ellison) who do fit the defensive scheme. And rookie LBs can definitely have an impact early on.

I also think that we are not done in FA -- a lot of cap room just got cleared, especially in dumping Holcomb. If it's LB, I have no idea. A lot of "people" on the Bill's message boards (which are infuriating) seem to be begging for Briggs -- I don't see that happening.

We'll see...
Homer J
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby APAP » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:08 pm

As a Pats fan, UI can honestly tell you I'm happy about the Bills doing this. I thought they were on somewhat of an uprise, but not anymore. Come on Buffalo keep on getting worse!!!!!
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby TommyZND » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:18 pm

Nobody replaces them, but i predict they are on an uprise. My predictions is they go down to the AFL and win it all. ;-D
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk