Shock and Amazement! You won't believe This! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Shock and Amazement! You won't believe This!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shock and Amazement! You won't believe This!

Postby Kilroy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:30 am

Some of you may find this hard to fathom, but joelamosobadiah has hit 6,000 posts!

Geez man, took ya long enough! ;-7

Congrats joel. Good poster, Good guy. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:38 am

Holy cow those milestones are flying by... Congrats on yet another one ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:20 am

Congrats Joel! ;-D x6

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:43 am

congratz on the newest milestone big guy ;-D ;-D i think its official now....you are addicted to the cafe :-b ;-D

keep it comin dude ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:45 am

Didn't he just make the HOF last week? :-?

S

L

O

W

D

O

W

N

A

N

D

G

E

T

A

L

I

F

E

}:-)
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:51 am

SeaWolf wrote:Didn't he just make the HOF last week? :-?

S

L

O

W

D

O

W

N

A

N

D

G

E

T

A

L

I

F

E

}:-)

I start my job this week, so ok. :,-( :-b

No, seriously, I do start a new job this week (have gone a couple of months purely full-time student status) so I won't be around during the day as much, but I sure will be blitzing it at night. :-D ;-7

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:14 am

Congrats Joel ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:22 am

Congrats Joel!!
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby knapplc » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:41 am

Congrats!

You're one of my favorite posters at the Cafe named after the Minor Prophets.

For those of you who don't know, our buddy JAO here has titled himself after three of the Prophets of Doom:

Joel

Joel is a three-chapter book of prophecy that was most likely written during the earlier part of the Southern Kingdom's existence and probably during the reign of King Joash. A swarm of locusts came into the land during Joel's time. This, Joel prophesied, was only a precursor of things to come. Joel proclaimed that instead of a swarm of locusts a swarm of warriors would invade the land. They would leave a path of destruction and it would be the judgment of God. Joel calls the people to repentance, as it is the only way to avoid the coming destruction.

Amos

Amos was a prophetic book written during the reign of King Uzziah in the Southern Kingdom. Although Amos was from a town near Bethlehem, Amos's ministry wasn't to Uzziah but to Jeroboam II in the Northern Kingdom. Amos proclaims God's message of approaching judgment upon several countries. However, Amos' main message was to the Northern Kingdom. Several times, Amos makes reference to the day of the Lord, which can be viewed as either a season of blessing or of judgment. In this case, it was judgment for religious syncretism. As it has already been shown in previous books, Amos' prophecies were fulfilled.

Obadiah

The prophetic book of Obadiah is not dated, and the author is a somewhat mysterious figure. There were two men named Obadiah who ministered under the reigns two different kings (Jehoshaphat in the South and Ahab in the North) during the same period of time. This has made it difficult to determine which was the writer of the book included in the Bible. During the capture of the Northern Kingdom, the people of Edom took joy in the Assyrian victory. They laughed and celebrated, but even worse they looted the cities and blocked those who tried to escape exile. Obadiah saw all of this in a vision from God and pronounced destruction upon Edom for their wicked actions. Edom was later destroyed.

I hope you're not implying doom on us, Joel! :-o :-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:52 am

Who???

:-b :-b :-b

Congrats Joel ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Next

Return to General Talk