9'ers/Gore reach new deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

9'ers/Gore reach new deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

9'ers/Gore reach new deal

Postby Gnu314 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:42 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2815250

Overall, the amount they're paying him isn't huge. I'm really suprised that Rosenhaus/Gore accepted such small base salaries.

Decent guarantees but really I think the 9ers got a good deal here.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 9'ers/Gore reach new deal

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Gnu314 wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2815250

Overall, the amount they're paying him isn't huge. I'm really suprised that Rosenhaus/Gore accepted such small base salaries.

Decent guarantees but really I think the 9ers got a good deal here.

Gore has had 1 great year so far and has a history of injuries. He is young, but this deal seems about right.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:12 pm

$30 million over 5 years, very solid signing for both sides. Gore is now getting the guaranteed money and the contract as if he was a first round pick. Smart move for him considering all the injuries he's had throughout the career. Lesser men would have packed it in before they even hit the NFL though.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Re: 9'ers/Gore reach new deal

Postby Gnu314 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:26 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:Gore has had 1 great year so far and has a history of injuries. He is young, but this deal seems about right.

I'm well aware of his injury history. This deal locks him up through essentially all of his prime though. If I had to guess, they're worried that without Norv he won't produce as well and he'ed be looking at a deal less than this in FA next season.

The problem I have is, if he performs well again for the next two years, he'll be a candidate for a Rosenhaus hold out. Thats what I'm ultimately worried about.

Kensat is right though, good guarantees and salary on par with a first round pick.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby madaslives911 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:43 pm

Kensat30 wrote:$30 million over 5 years, very solid signing for both sides. Gore is now getting the guaranteed money and the contract as if he was a first round pick. Smart move for him considering all the injuries he's had throughout the career. Lesser men would have packed it in before they even hit the NFL though.

yep, it's a good deal for Gore and the 49ers as they were able to lock him up. B-) (pray that no injury happens B-) )
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:55 pm

Good deal for both sides. The Niners lock Gore up for a reasonable price, and Gore gets rewarded for last year's performance and should be a happy Frank headed into camp.

The NFC West may not have any "powerhouses", but it's looking to be a very competitive division next year.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:03 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:The NFC West may not have any "powerhouses", but it's looking to be a very competitive division next year.

:-#

Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Football Talk