Draft Speculation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

Draft Speculation

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Speculation

Postby dgan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:09 pm

Well, the Final Four is upon us which means in a couple days the NFL Draft will be the only thing in sports worth talking about.

It's starting to look like Lynch is high enough on team's boards that he may not make it to us. #1 - What do we do if after day 1 of the draft we still do not have a running back? :-o #2 - Is it becoming more apparent that some type of trade is going to happen with our first round pick on draft day? Either for a player or perhaps we trade up or down...

I just don't like where this is going...it seems we are putting ourself in a box where we have few options, and with all that cap space it seems ludicrous we could not have improved our team at all at this stage of free agency.

Not a happy Packer fan right now...
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:40 am

There are rumors of the pack possibly trading their first rounder for Michael Turner and the #30 pick.

If Lynch is gone at #16, i like this deal. If he is still available, i think we should just take lynch.

Should be a draft day move if it happens

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:08 am

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:There are rumors of the pack possibly trading their first rounder for Michael Turner and the #30 pick.

If Lynch is gone at #16, i like this deal. If he is still available, i think we should just take lynch.

I just don't see it happening... I LOVE Lynch with Pack... that would be a great pick. With his catching ability and Favre dumping off to him, man I can't wait to get to lambeau this year
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:28 pm

treat24 wrote:
J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:There are rumors of the pack possibly trading their first rounder for Michael Turner and the #30 pick.

I just don't see it happening... I LOVE Lynch with Pack... that would be a great pick. With his catching ability and Favre dumping off to him, man I can't wait to get to lambeau this year

What is this? a Lowely viking fan posting in the GB forum.

What dont you see happening? Lynch falling to 16? or Turner trade.

I could see one of them happening, or neither,

If Buffalo doesnt sign a RB between now and the draft, Lynch will be their pick for certain. If that happens, there really isnt a first round caliber RB for GB to take, so they either trade for turner, hope to get a RB in the second, or Hope that Morency can come out an surprise some people

J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:46 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:
treat24 wrote:

What is this? a Lowely viking fan posting in the GB forum.

What dont you see happening? Lynch falling to 16? or Turner trade.

I could see one of them happening, or neither,

If Buffalo doesnt sign a RB between now and the draft, Lynch will be their pick for certain. If that happens, there really isnt a first round caliber RB for GB to take, so they either trade for turner, hope to get a RB in the second, or Hope that Morency can come out an surprise some people

I don't see the turner trade happening just cuz I think Lynch will fall to 16, I think the Packers know he (lynch) will fall. Plus I saw this

The agent for Michael Turner, Bus Cook, confirmed to the Green Bay Press-Gazette that the Packers have not expressed interest in his client.
Cook, who also represents Brett Favre, has a good relationship with Green Bay and probably would say so if the Packers had contacted him.

and I also saw that Turner is visiting with the Titans today.

Personally if I'm the Pack I use 16 on Lynch and call it a day :-)

Oh yeah, and the pack is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite team... ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:32 am

I think its sacrilege to be a fan of more than one team in the NFC North. Part of being a Packer fan means despising the vikings, bears, and lions. O well, I guess I will let you pass since you let me into your Uber league. :)

Yeah, i agree, Lynch is the better choice here, I just dont know if he will fall to 16. It all depends what Buffalo does between now and then. If buffalo goes into the draft without having found a RB, I dont see how they can pass on lynch at 13.

So, i would love to see the pack get lynch, but if he is already gone at 16, I think they need to consider a trade for turner. It should definatly be a draft day trade if it happens though, and only if lynch is off the board at 16.

I am just afraid that if they end up with neither lynch or turner, they might do something stupid like give kevin barlow a contract. That is NOT something I want to see

J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:52 am

i come from a split household... half packer fans / half vikings fans... going to lambeau cemented liking the pack... that atmosphere in GB on gameday is something everyone has to experience. plus, there ain't a bad seat in that place...

I agree totally! If you don't get either the pack will be in scary bad shape... I don't know if I trust the reins to Morency, I'm praying Lynch falls... I guess we will see in 3 weeks or so...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:22 pm

yeah, I am hoping that buffalo signs someone between now and the draft.

J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:02 am

I have resigned myself to the realization that TT is going to do absolutely nothing to improve this team. I'll be surprised if we get Lynch now...at which point I honestly think he's going to bail out of this pick to get a few more. Meaning we'll have a bunch more rookies who won't start for two years.

:~( :~( :~(
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:47 pm

well, not sure if it will work out or not, but it seems the packers just offered KC a first and fourth round pick for LJ. That would be nice

J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Green Bay Packers