Carlos Mencia = Joke Thief? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Carlos Mencia = Joke Thief?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carlos Mencia = Joke Thief?

Postby Kilroy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:16 am

Apparently there's an ongoing feud between Carlos Mencia and Joe "Fear Factor" Rogan, wherein Rogan has accused Carlos of repeatedly stealing other comedian's material, including Sam Kinison and Bill Cosby:

http://www.yougottaseethisvideo.com/200 ... -from.html

If you do a search at Youtube for "Carlos Mencia joke thief" there's a video of Rogan confronting Mencia at The Comedy Store in LA. (The language is a little sketchy, so I didn't link it)

Interesting stuff.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:32 am

Mencia has been stealing jokes for years. However in all fairness alot of stand ups do in one way or another. Also i wouldent say every joke he says is stolen. personaly i dont think he is that funny to begin with.
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eman » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:13 am

Joe Rogan is an utter idio.t As for Mencia... Im not the biggest fan of him but to say he steals jokes is dumb because by those standards every comic steals jokes from those who came before them.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jayday » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:50 am

It's pretty hard to come up with completely original material considering how many comics have come and gone.....So I don't care if comics recycle material here and there and add their own spin to it....Mencia has some funny bits, but I can't take him after a while.....

Rogan outed Dane Cook a while back....Now Dane is a joke thief....I know people love him, and he has that energy and whatever....But he doesn't even bother recycling the jokes....He has quoted some of Louis CK's jokes verbatim....It's like, "Who are you trying to kid, Dane?" :-°
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby CC » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:36 am

Mencia is known for stealing jokes, everyone in the industry knows this. I have seen both videos and Rogan owns Mencia.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 am

yeah, it's common knowledge that mencia is a joke thief... dane cook has stolen quite a few too... but i like him better... i heard rogan was going after him (mencia) and i'm glad
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:08 am

If Mencia is stealing jokes then he needs to find better ones to lift. I can't say I have ever even cracked a smile at any of his material, I find him tough to bear.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Why I listen to Mitch Hedberg...

Dane Cook does pull it off a lot better than Mencia does, though.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:20 pm

Rogan completely owned Mencia, I don't know how he sat through all of that knowing he's full of it. Too bad Carlos didn't do something silly and push Joe. !+)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:19 pm

Wasent Joe in the UFC at one point? or is that just a dumb story i heard somewhere?
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk