Roy Williams (odd style) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Roy Williams (odd style)

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Roy Williams (odd style)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:44 am

OK, I did a Roy Williams sig and really just let loose late last night and went crazy and weird with a style I had never attempted before. I don't even know what style it is exactly. Anyway, I don't like it all that much, but am looking for any suggestions on how to improve on it. ;-D

Oh yeah, and the text is absolutely hideous, but I don't have the time to fix it right now and was a bit too tired to notice how ugly it was last night, so just kinda ignore that. :-D :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby boehlerking01 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:52 am

It is interesting.I would say that I think that his left arm(our right) looks like it has been cut off and he has a stump.I like the different color cross hatch design in the background and I would like to know how exactly you made it.I guess it's more like rectangles with maybe a screen brush on it??I also think I would try to make the Roy Williams part a little more readable but that isn't a big deal.I like the colors you chose...They match well with the Cowboys team colors.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby madaslives911 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:40 am

nice and interesting effects there Joel.

seems like Roy is enjoying a nice warm bath in a heated bathtub and looking at his expression with his arms raised, it looks like he is ... hmmm :-? coz someone is tickling his feet? :-b
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:04 pm

Very cool looking effect, almost like a pointilism type thing going on there. I wouldn't change anything I think it has a good feel to it ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:29 pm

his arms are too distorted and the color of the text doesnt match the rest of the sig.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:00 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:his arms are too distorted and the color of the text doesnt match the rest of the sig.

LOL I was waiting for someone to say something about it. Not picking on ya Joel but that sig looks awful.

You couldn't pay me to wear it and I'm a Cowboys fan! :-b !+)
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby South Park Cows » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:02 pm

Move the pic up more and put that kind of effect under the pic itself. Text is way too blurry as well.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:23 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:his arms are too distorted and the color of the text doesnt match the rest of the sig.

LOL I was waiting for someone to say something about it. Not picking on ya Joel but that sig looks awful.

You couldn't pay me to wear it and I'm a Cowboys fan! :-b !+)

Ahhhh, I see, have to hide the criticism behind deluxe's big guns huh. :-[quote="South Park Cows"]on't care for it much either. I was just looking for something like this: VVV

South Park Cows wrote:Move the pic up more and put that kind of effect under the pic itself. Text is way too blurry as well.

Alright. I had just seen a lot of sigs with the grunge blur tool used on the player, but the more I worked on it the more it just looked like a big puke pile and not a cool effect. So anyway, that's why I posted it. I will post a variation sometime tonight if the game is boring enough. :-b

Thanks for all the comments guys. ;-D

(and I can make WAY better sigs than this.) :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:30 pm

Yeah looks like something I would do... :-b Pretty sucky.

Very different though, it's always interesting to play around. Never know when that kind of distortion will actually be useful to incorporate in another sig.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:54 pm

Contrary to it seems everyone else and minus the text I think you're onto something with the style there. I'd say work with it, maybe make a new one that is similar or something but I think it has potential to be a really cool style. I'm sick of the same sig styles over and over... I think it's refreshing to see someone try something out of the ordinary every once in a while. ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off