Return to General Talk

"Beam me up, Scotty"

Moderator: Football Moderators

"Beam me up, Scotty"

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:28 pm

Later this month...
This is a Trekkie dream!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263302,00.html
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:32 pm

:-] <--------- ;-D
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:40 pm

The Balanced Man wrote::-] <--------- ;-D

:-b

One last beam :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:41 pm

I saw this and was going to post after he made the "flight". I even had a cool thread title picked out. :~(

That's OK NFLFan. ;-D

Space, the final frontier, these are.......
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:46 pm

SeaWolf wrote:I saw this and was going to post after he made the "flight". I even had a cool thread title picked out. :~(

Sorrry! :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:54 pm

That's weird - the mouseover says "smirk" now when you post that smiley. It used to say "beaming."

What gives, Menyak? :-?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:59 pm

knapplc wrote:

That's weird - the mouseover says "smirk" now when you post that smiley. It used to say "beaming."

What gives, Menyak? :-?

It still says Scottie for me when I am making the message. Firefox doesn't give me the popup thingy in the forum view.

Anyway, am I the only one that thinks that $500 is a pretty cheap thing to get ashes into space? I thought it would be more expensive than that. :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:16 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Anyway, am I the only one that thinks that $500 is a pretty cheap thing to get ashes into space? I thought it would be more expensive than that. :-?

$500 is only for a few grams 8-o
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:50 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:It still says Scottie for me when I am making the message. Firefox doesn't give me the popup thingy in the forum view.

Here's the whole conversation about this:

menyak wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:though I really wish I could get a reasonable explanation of the hell a Scottie is :-?

Scottie is a riddle. :-] Once you've figured out which famous Scottie it's about, try to figure out which activities he and the smilie have in common. :-D

menyak wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
menyak wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:hmmm famous Scottie, I can only think of 1, he worked on the Star Ship Enterprise NCC 1701 and he liked drinking scotch, beating up klingons, fixing the ship, and getting with uhuru. :-]

You're on the right path, but his prime activity isn't on the list yet. :-] (And wasn't her name Ohura? :-? )

Well we're both kind of right and wrong it's actually spelled Uhura.
Something else Scottie liked to do oh wait he started getting it on with that chick Mira, he also liked to whine about giving her all she's got, "I channot do it capn', I'm givin it all she's got"
He was in charge of Enginering. He was an avid fan of transporting people to and fro. He's pro phaser and president of the NPA (national phaser association). Given his girth in the later movies I would assume that he's an avid fan of eating.

You're getting closer. :-]

menyak wrote:Alright... :-]

Redskins Win wrote:He was an avid fan of transporting people to and fro.

footballchick23 wrote:

Now I'm intrigued....."Beam me up Scottie"?

Mercer Boy wrote:I think what he may be trying to say is that a beaming smile (or smirk) is a Scottie. :-)

menyak wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:I think what he may be trying to say is that a beaming smile (or smirk) is a Scottie. :-)

Seems like we have a winner. :-]

Redskins Win wrote:
menyak wrote:

YAYYY!!!! I slept so much better last nite knowing scottie is beaming. Or maybe it was the whiskey.

How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:55 pm

knapplc wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:It still says Scottie for me when I am making the message. Firefox doesn't give me the popup thingy in the forum view.

Here's the whole conversation about this:

menyak wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:though I really wish I could get a reasonable explanation of the hell a Scottie is :-?

Scottie is a riddle. :-] Once you've figured out which famous Scottie it's about, try to figure out which activities he and the smilie have in common. :-D

menyak wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
menyak wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:hmmm famous Scottie, I can only think of 1, he worked on the Star Ship Enterprise NCC 1701 and he liked drinking scotch, beating up klingons, fixing the ship, and getting with uhuru. :-]

You're on the right path, but his prime activity isn't on the list yet. :-] (And wasn't her name Ohura? :-? )

Well we're both kind of right and wrong it's actually spelled Uhura.
Something else Scottie liked to do oh wait he started getting it on with that chick Mira, he also liked to whine about giving her all she's got, "I channot do it capn', I'm givin it all she's got"
He was in charge of Enginering. He was an avid fan of transporting people to and fro. He's pro phaser and president of the NPA (national phaser association). Given his girth in the later movies I would assume that he's an avid fan of eating.

footballchick23 wrote:

Now I'm intrigued....."Beam me up Scottie"?

menyak wrote:

Redskins Win wrote:
menyak wrote:

YAYYY!!!! I slept so much better last nite knowing scottie is beaming. Or maybe it was the whiskey.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

So now we are just wondering why it says smirk, right?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk