Terrell Owens - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Terrell Owens

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Terrell Owens

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:18 pm

Well, I was still a bit sick ot my stomach from that Roy Williams sig that I made, so I decided to make another sig. That combined with boredom in class made me make some more sigs. The only bad thing was I only had TO renders on my computer and without internet, I had no choice. Anyway, I will take all the CnC that I can.

Cafe quality ones can be found in this thread.;-D

Oh, and on the second one, I was thinking of some sort of text on there about how TO can't keep his mouth shut or he is a locker room cancer or something, but nothing fit right. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:04 pm

i like what you did with the third one (that pic is a little overused, but thats just because its a perfect pic for sigs)....love what you did with the text...awesome font choice and i like how you turned it.

i like the idea of the second one...i like the sig except the brush you used on his face around the earing. it distracts too much from the rest of the sig and i think it takes away from it. i like the way you worked the lighting into the yellow parts. the text is kinda lacking, but not horrible.

the effects you put in the first sig are cool. looks good on his face. the random chunk of blue and the other brushed area right underneath the name look out of place. needs a darker border too.

good to see you experimenting....cool stuff ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:20 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i like what you did with the third one (that pic is a little overused, but thats just because its a perfect pic for sigs)....love what you did with the text...awesome font choice and i like how you turned it.

Yeah, the pic is overused, but like I said, no internet made it pretty limited. :-b

And yeah, I wasn't even attempting to make smoke when I started on it, but ended up making smoke with just the basic brushes. I am pretty sure that I could never repeat it again to that effect though.

The text in that one is Luna Bar and I use it fairly often. Great font for signatures/handwirting (used it in my sig below.)

deluxe_247 wrote:i like the idea of the second one...i like the sig except the brush you used on his face around the earing. it distracts too much from the rest of the sig and i think it takes away from it. i like the way you worked the lighting into the yellow parts. the text is kinda lacking, but not horrible.

Yeah, I set out to mock TO in that one and have something about how he is a locker room cancer or something, but it sorta turned into a bling thing. :-b

For the lighting, a little hint to whomever may be interested, you can get some cool effects by getting a pic of dark brown skin (TO's face in this case) putting it on its own layer, applying a layer mask so only the parts that have the lighting are showing, use white lighting on a separate layer set to overlay and then lower the opacity of the skin layer. If that makes sense, then you can get some cool yellowish, bronze colors going. ;-D

deluxe_247 wrote:the effects you put in the first sig are cool. looks good on his face. the random chunk of blue and the other brushed area right underneath the name look out of place. needs a darker border too.

good to see you experimenting....cool stuff ;-D

Yeah, I have the outside completely transparent on that one with a grunge layer mask. The one with a border is in the thread in teh Requests forum.

I did that effect on the face and background by using random white markings and then going over it with the blur tool set to a grungy setting (small brush set to scatter pretty wide) then putting it on top with overlay.

So yeah, you are right, each sig has something that I had never done before, so thanks for the comments and tips. I am definitely experimenting with different styles of stuff right now. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Contests and Showing Off