http://www.whatwouldjacobdo.com/ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

http://www.whatwouldjacobdo.com/

Moderator: Football Moderators

http://www.whatwouldjacobdo.com/

Postby FBBVirgin » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:26 pm

http://www.whatwouldjacobdo.com/


Pretty interesting read. This is a website run by a man who, at 438 pounds, has decided he has had enough and plans on running the boston marathon. He vows to lose 100 pounds in the 3 months leading up to the race.
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 829
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: http://www.whatwouldjacobdo.com/

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:37 pm

FBBVirgin wrote:http://www.whatwouldjacobdo.com/


Pretty interesting read. This is a website run by a man who, at 438 pounds, has decided he has had enough and plans on running the boston marathon. He vows to lose 100 pounds in the 3 months leading up to the race.


He's going to run the boston marathon weighing in at 338 pounds? good luck to him... I mean don't get be wrong it's a nice goal but I personally have never met someone that heavy that can run a marathon.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 3118
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Miami University (OH)

Re: http://www.whatwouldjacobdo.com/

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:43 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:
FBBVirgin wrote:http://www.whatwouldjacobdo.com/


Pretty interesting read. This is a website run by a man who, at 438 pounds, has decided he has had enough and plans on running the boston marathon. He vows to lose 100 pounds in the 3 months leading up to the race.


He's going to run the boston marathon weighing in at 338 pounds? good luck to him... I mean don't get be wrong it's a nice goal but I personally have never met someone that heavy that can run a marathon.


That's what I was thinking as well. Kudos to him, but DANG. 8-o
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:50 pm

Talk is cheap.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: http://www.whatwouldjacobdo.com/

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:01 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:
FBBVirgin wrote:http://www.whatwouldjacobdo.com/


Pretty interesting read. This is a website run by a man who, at 438 pounds, has decided he has had enough and plans on running the boston marathon. He vows to lose 100 pounds in the 3 months leading up to the race.


He's going to run the boston marathon weighing in at 338 pounds? good luck to him... I mean don't get be wrong it's a nice goal but I personally have never met someone that heavy that can run a marathon.


Same as what I was thinking. We'll see what happens though.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Postby confused_jake » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:05 pm

darn at first i thought this was a new campaign about people thinking im the next jesus :-D

good luck to this guy, hopefully he can get at least somewhere near his goal and be a healthier person. I actually lost a decent amount of weight over the summer. i lost 30 lbs in 3 months, nowhere near what he is trying to accomplish, but i kinda know what hes going through.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1265
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FBBVirgin » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:05 pm

Hey, all i can say is kudos to this guy for finally realizing he was ruining his life. He is at least trying. He is also making it possible for people to donate money to some really good charities through his site.
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 829
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FBBVirgin » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:12 pm

confused_jake wrote:darn at first i thought this was a new campaign about people thinking im the next jesus :-D

good luck to this guy, hopefully he can get at least somewhere near his goal and be a healthier person. I actually lost a decent amount of weight over the summer. i lost 30 lbs in 3 months, nowhere near what he is trying to accomplish, but i kinda know what hes going through.


Congrats. How'd you accomplish that? Thats a pretty big feat!
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 829
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:11 pm

Are the buildings in Boston earthquake proof? :-B
Image
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4620
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Time to FEED THE BEAST!

Postby confused_jake » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:46 am

FBBVirgin wrote:
confused_jake wrote:darn at first i thought this was a new campaign about people thinking im the next jesus :-D

good luck to this guy, hopefully he can get at least somewhere near his goal and be a healthier person. I actually lost a decent amount of weight over the summer. i lost 30 lbs in 3 months, nowhere near what he is trying to accomplish, but i kinda know what hes going through.


Congrats. How'd you accomplish that? Thats a pretty big feat!



Well one thing that definitley helped was that we had like no money :-o . So we would eat a lot of cheap stuff, like a lot of rice and potatoes, which are also loaded with carbs, usually that would equal weight gain, but i would also run and play football a lot with my friends. Oh, i also stopped drinking soda and basically just drank water.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1265
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football


Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:31 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact