sears to visit ravens wednesday - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

sears to visit ravens wednesday

Moderator: Football Moderators

sears to visit ravens wednesday

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:56 am

http://blogs.baltimoresun.com/sports_fo ... sears.html

pretty good OL at tennessee...not quite sure id consider him a first round OL though. there are a few better this year, so i expect to see him drop to the second.

good that we are addressing the problem at OL ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:14 am

Now if you can only address your problems at RB. ;-) In all seriousness, if the o-line improves, McGahee should be a beast for you guys.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:19 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Now if you can only address your problems at RB. ;-) In all seriousness, if the o-line improves, McGahee should be a beast for you guys.

if we get a couple good lineman, i really like the mcgahee/anderson/musa tandem. thats a big if though. luckily the ravens are usually pretty solid at finding good talent in the later rounds...so its possible. i wouldnt count on it this season though. maybe in a couple years. we are going to start needing to look at a QB too. id be happy to take peyton off your hands !+) ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:07 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Now if you can only address your problems at RB. ;-) In all seriousness, if the o-line improves, McGahee should be a beast for you guys.

if we get a couple good lineman, i really like the mcgahee/anderson/musa tandem. thats a big if though. luckily the ravens are usually pretty solid at finding good talent in the later rounds...so its possible. i wouldnt count on it this season though. maybe in a couple years. we are going to start needing to look at a QB too. id be happy to take peyton off your hands !+) ;-D

That's a good point you made about quarterback. I never really gave that position much thought, at least where you fellas are concerned. McNair had a nice season for you, but he's clearly not going to be around for but a couple more seasons. Boller is still young, but I see little-to-no reason why he'll be anything more than a backup.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:34 pm

you know i have much love for kyle ;-7 :-b

but on a serious note, he looked pretty solid when he stepped in for mcnair this year...maybe he finally turned the corner. id put my money on not, but i can always dream :-B

so what does it feel like having a QB you dont have to worry about DDD? being a ravens and bucs fan ive never had that feeling !+)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:06 am

deluxe_247 wrote:you know i have much love for kyle ;-7 :-b

but on a serious note, he looked pretty solid when he stepped in for mcnair this year...maybe he finally turned the corner. id put my money on not, but i can always dream :-B

so what does it feel like having a QB you dont have to worry about DDD? being a ravens and bucs fan ive never had that feeling !+)

I really try not to take it for granted. I remember the Jack Trudeau/Jeff George era too much to take it for granted. Right now is really a special time to be a Colts fan, especially considering that just having Manning around makes us a legit Super Bowl contender. Hey, at least Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson got your teams over the hump. :-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:04 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
I really try not to take it for granted. I remember the Jack Trudeau/Jeff George era too much to take it for granted. Right now is really a special time to be a Colts fan, especially considering that just having Manning around makes us a legit Super Bowl contender. Hey, at least Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson got your teams over the hump. :-D

yeah i remember your team back then also. i always kind of liked george for some reason though :-? :-B

in all actuality, the brad johnson thing was bigger to me than was dilfer. the ravens i had only been a fan of until their creation, while the bucs i had been a fan of since i can remember. they were bad. really bad. for a long time :-b so in essence i didnt have to sit through many horrible years early on with the ravens, which made it easier....used to be hard to root for the cream and orange :-B
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:58 am

God, what I would do to own a creamsicle colored, old-school, Bucs jersey. Christ, do you realize how much those things go for, bro? People on Ebay are always selling them for over $100 for a used P.O.S. just because they're the cream colored digs. 8-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:07 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:God, what I would do to own a creamsicle colored, old-school, Bucs jersey. Christ, do you realize how much those things go for, bro? People on Ebay are always selling them for over $100 for a used P.O.S. just because they're the cream colored digs. 8-o

those unis were ugly as hell. i used to hate them and the gay looking logo on the helmets. now when i look at it, its kind of cooler to me. not sure why, it stills looks very gay-like :*) i have always wanted a hardy nickerson jersey though...i might end up throwing down the cash for one some day :-B hopefully they will start playing football again soon instead of embarassing themselves :-b ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baltimore Ravens