Couple Fights to Name Their Daughter 'Metallica' - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Couple Fights to Name Their Daughter 'Metallica'

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:58 pm

mrblitz wrote:I don't care what Country this is happening in. Bottomline, you should be able to name your kid :-D whatever you desire


Within reason, don't you think? :-?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby mrblitz » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:17 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
mrblitz wrote:I don't care what Country this is happening in. Bottomline, you should be able to name your kid :-D whatever you desire


Within reason, don't you think? :-?


Not really, I mean Metallica is a strange name for sure, but what about more popular names like Dick, that's worse than Metallica don't ya think? :-b
Image


Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 12770
Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Having a coffee at the fantasy cafe.

Postby Kilroy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:33 pm

mrblitz wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
mrblitz wrote:I don't care what Country this is happening in. Bottomline, you should be able to name your kid :-D whatever you desire


Within reason, don't you think? :-?


Not really, I mean Metallica is a strange name for sure, but what about more popular names like Dick, that's worse than Metallica don't ya think? :-b


I don't think Omaha is referring to the name Metallica so much as a name like Loser or Notmine.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:54 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
mrblitz wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
mrblitz wrote:I don't care what Country this is happening in. Bottomline, you should be able to name your kid :-D whatever you desire


Within reason, don't you think? :-?


Not really, I mean Metallica is a strange name for sure, but what about more popular names like Dick, that's worse than Metallica don't ya think? :-b


I don't think Omaha is referring to the name Metallica so much as a name like Loser or Notmine.


Something obviously meant to be demeaning. Notmine is funny. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:31 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:Parents choice so they should be able to name her what they want. At what age can she legally change her name??


I don't think it's a good idea to let anything slide since there are quite a few names out there that can be given to children which could be interpreted as abusive.


"Come here Moron".

"Sir, I really don't think you should call your daughter a moron"

"Why the h**l not? It's her name."

"Moron! Go find Loser and Accident and tell 'em that supper's ready!"

:-b


hehe, accident. That's just cruel.


Cruel, yet hilarious. :-b

I'm such a bad person for laughing at that though. O:-)
Image

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

User avatar
ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5979
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:34 pm

Madison wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:Parents choice so they should be able to name her what they want. At what age can she legally change her name??


I don't think it's a good idea to let anything slide since there are quite a few names out there that can be given to children which could be interpreted as abusive.


"Come here Moron".

"Sir, I really don't think you should call your daughter a moron"

"Why the h**l not? It's her name."

"Moron! Go find Loser and Accident and tell 'em that supper's ready!"

:-b


hehe, accident. That's just cruel.


Cruel, yet hilarious. :-b

I'm such a bad person for laughing at that though. O:-)


I laughed. :-b

Pretty hard actually. :-D
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby Munboy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:33 pm

we're have a boy in august...we're going to name him megadeth :-D
Image
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1934
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:05 pm

Munboy wrote:we're have a boy in august...we're going to name him megadeth :-D


Megadeath was cool, but Metallica is better. }:-)

:-D

Could you imagine naming a kid Anthrax? :-o

:-b
Image

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

User avatar
ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5979
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:54 am

dream_017 wrote:At least they didn't try to name her Flotsamnjetsam ;-7

:-b :-b :-b



That's a much better name than Poptallica! :-b ;-D
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:58 am

Madison wrote:
Munboy wrote:we're have a boy in august...we're going to name him megadeth :-D


Megadeath was cool, but Metallica is better. }:-)

:-D

Could you imagine naming a kid Anthrax? :-o

:-b



Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George wanted to name his kid "7" in honor of Mickey Mantle. :-b
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 21:40 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact