Deadliest Catch.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Deadliest Catch..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:37 pm

Munboy wrote:I dont like seafood. :-]

i dont either honestly. salmon and halibut are about my limits.

the other stuff stinks too much to put into my mouth (why do i have a feeling im stepping into a boozie or metroid quote?), especially crab. but i still love the show ;-D ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:51 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Munboy wrote:I dont like seafood. :-]

i dont either honestly. salmon and halibut are about my limits.

the other stuff stinks too much to put into my mouth (why do i have a feeling im stepping into a boozie or metroid quote?), especially crab. but i still love the show ;-D ;-)

So you don't like the bearded clam? 8-o
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:01 am

I watch it. Pretty crazy and it gives me a better appreciation every time I have crab legs. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Kilroy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:14 am

I'm hooked (pardon the pun) on that show.

The Hansen brothers (including Captain Sig) on the Northwestern. Like 55th generation Nordic Fishermen. Sig can just smell crab.

On the season recaps they showed leading up to the preview they broke down how much each deckhand made on each boat last season. Between the King and Opilio Crab Seasons each deckhand on the Northwestern made $92,000 for about a month's work.

It's bust-a** work on a level most of us will never come close to experiencing, and it's dangerous as h**l, but $92,000 in a month?

8-o

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby dgan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:26 am

Does Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) still do the voiceover? That guy can make anything interesting, although the show is interesting on its own.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:06 am

My BF and I have been fans of the 2 previous seasons and were so stoked that it was comng back for a 3rd. The premier was pretty good...it's nice to see that they are continuing to feature the same boats. I think Sig and the Northwestern crew are my favorites since they pretty much kill it every year, but it'll be interesting to see how the Maverick and the rookie captain do.

Can't believe they already have one ship down and it's only the first episode!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:09 am

I've caught glimpses of this show here and there. I am just amazed at how dangerous it is for these guys!! It really explains why some of the seafood we eat is so crazy expensive.

I really like my cushy desk job here, that's for sure. Seeing what those guys go through - yeah, they make a LOT more $$$ than I do, but I don't have to worry about getting killed investigating discrimination!!! :-o :-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk