Mayor Chases Down Rival's Wife - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mayor Chases Down Rival's Wife

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mayor Chases Down Rival's Wife

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:47 am

The ugly side of politics, Jerry Springer style:

FITCHBURG, Wis. - Mayor Tom Clauder was so upset when he saw a woman pull one of his campaign signs out of the ground near City Hall on election day, that he chased the woman's car in his pickup truck. When he called police about the matter, he learned the woman was his opponent's wife.

"This is low, really low," Clauder said Tuesday after finding out she was Jessica Nytes, wife of challenger Jeff Nytes — who lost in the election.

Jeff Nytes said he did not condone what his wife had done but said Clauder was putting his campaign signs in the street right of way, which is against campaigning rules.

"His signs are supposed to be at least 33 feet set back from the center of the highway," Nytes said. "And, she didn't steal the sign, just pulled it out and lay it down on the ground."

Clauder said police told him they had received a call from a woman saying she was being chased by a pickup in the Department of Natural Resources parking lot — and that was him.

Jessica Nytes said she was scared.

The mayor "almost ran me off the road five times," she said.

She said pulling the sign out of the ground was "really silly," but she wanted to make a point by taking down a sign that was not where it was supposed to be.

"I was doing a public service," she said. "Maybe what I did was wrong, but then he endangered both my life and his this morning."
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:13 am

i woulda just put the sign back up... is there any proof he chased her or is it just her word... cuz if she's pulling signs out then she's the type i don't find as honest...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:13 am

That was a reasonable reaction to someone taking a sign out of the ground.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:37 am

treat24 wrote:i woulda just put the sign back up... is there any proof he chased her or is it just her word... cuz if she's pulling signs out then she's the type i don't find as honest...

I think if he was denying it that would have been a prominent part of the story. They don't specifically say but I think it's pretty safe to assume that the fact that he drove off after her is not being debated.

It might be a point of debate as to whether he was "chasing" her and/or whether or not he attempted to run her off the road as she claims. I would like to get his side of that part of the story.

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:That was a reasonable reaction to someone taking a sign out of the ground.

Did you mean to use one of these? ---> ;-7
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 am

knapplc wrote:
treat24 wrote:i woulda just put the sign back up... is there any proof he chased her or is it just her word... cuz if she's pulling signs out then she's the type i don't find as honest...

I think if he was denying it that would have been a prominent part of the story. They don't specifically say but I think it's pretty safe to assume that the fact that he drove off after her is not being debated.

It might be a point of debate as to whether he was "chasing" her and/or whether or not he attempted to run her off the road as she claims. I would like to get his side of that part of the story.

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:That was a reasonable reaction to someone taking a sign out of the ground.

Yes, I did, I thought that it was obvious enough in context that it wasn't completely necessary.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:50 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Yes, I did, I thought that it was obvious enough in context that it wasn't completely necessary.

I figured that, but sometimes you never know. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to General Talk