Student sues school to let him back after Mooning Prof - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Student sues school to let him back after Mooning Prof

Moderator: Football Moderators

Student sues school to let him back after Mooning Prof

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:06 am

CLEARWATER, Fla. - A high school senior acknowledges he went too far when he mooned a teacher. But he thinks the decision of school officials to send him to a new school for the rest of the year was too harsh, so his family is suing.

Tyler Tillung, 18, mooned a teacher "suddenly and without thinking about the consequences" in February, according to the lawsuit filed Tuesday. The teacher had declined to let him into a Feb. 21 school lip sync show that was full. He was suspended for six days and reassigned to a new school.

But the teen wants to graduate with his Palm Harbor University High class in six weeks and complete his final season on the varsity baseball team, the lawsuit said.

"We're talking about his graduation," said Tillung's lawyer, B. Edwin Johnson. "That's an important event in a guy's life. ... This kid deserves a break."

School Board Attorney Jim Robinson said administrators stand by their decision.

"Without knowing the allegations, we're confident in the administration's position on this case," Robinson said. Palm Harbor principal Herman "Doc" Allen described the mooning as "disgusting" and the teacher as "traumatized."
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:11 am

hope the kid loses... actions have consequences... sounds like a punk kid anyway... keep the little punk expelled
Last edited by treat24 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby m16a » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:12 am

treat24 wrote:hope the kid loses... actions have consequences... sounds like a punk kid anyway... keep the little punk expelled

Agreed
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:12 am

There goes my GoF for tomorrow. ;-7

:-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:13 am

kids have to learn lessons... I don't want his lesson to be "sue to get what you want"
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Student sues school to let him back after Mooning Prof

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:14 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
"Without knowing the allegations, we're confident in the administration's position on this case," Robinson said. Palm Harbor principal Herman "Doc" Allen described the mooning as "disgusting" and the teacher as "traumatized."

He showed the teacher his butt. Big deal! Everyone has a butt. Just seeing someone else's butt shouldn't be traumatic. If it was, this teacher has far more serious issues than this mooning.

Come on. Get over it already.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:15 am

knapplc wrote:There goes my GoF for tomorrow. ;-7

i was thinking the same thing :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:28 am

As opposed to a couple of you, I hope the kid wins. He served the suspension, which is the consequence for his actions. Let him play baseball and graduate. After all, it's only 6 more weeks.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:32 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:As opposed to a couple of you, I hope the kid wins. He served the suspension, which is the consequence for his actions. Let him play baseball and graduate. After all, it's only 6 more weeks.

I agree, they suspended him for 6 days. Switching schools seems very excessive. I can see not allowing him to finish the baseball season, but let the guy graduate with his classmates
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dream_017 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:40 am

knapplc wrote:There goes my GoF for tomorrow. ;-7

Too bad, with the age I would have went Germany ;-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Next

Return to General Talk