Student sues school to let him back after Mooning Prof - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Student sues school to let him back after Mooning Prof

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:45 am

treat24 wrote:hope the kid loses... actions have consequences... sounds like a punk kid anyway... keep the little punk expelled

treat24 wrote:kids have to learn lessons... I don't want his lesson to be "sue to get what you want"

;-D

It will be more detrimental to this kid's future if they allow him back.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:12 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
treat24 wrote:hope the kid loses... actions have consequences... sounds like a punk kid anyway... keep the little punk expelled

treat24 wrote:kids have to learn lessons... I don't want his lesson to be "sue to get what you want"

;-D

Not true. That lesson is taight everywhere, not just here and what most people don't know is that when you sue for something stupid 90% of the time it is thrown out and you have to pay the court costs
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:19 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

;-D

Not true. That lesson is taight everywhere, not just here and what most people don't know is that when you sue for something stupid 90% of the time it is thrown out and you have to pay the court costs

The lesson that the kid will learn is that if you cry enough, bitch enough, complain enough, whine enough, etc. you can get your way. The school needs to stand fast with this one and teach the kid what his parents have neglected. Every choice comes with a consequence.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:20 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Not true. That lesson is taight everywhere, not just here and what most people don't know is that when you sue for something stupid 90% of the time it is thrown out and you have to pay the court costs

Yep, I just came across that stat when I was looking up info for the punitive damages question. The courts may be a bit silly sometimes, but for the most part judges don't allow stupid stuff to succeed. There are those odd cases, but our court systems are pretty healthy overall.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:21 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

;-D

The lesson that the kid will learn is that if you cry enough, bitch enough, complain enough, whine enough, etc. you can get your way. The school needs to stand fast with this one and teach the kid what his parents have neglected. Every choice comes with a consequence.

Yes, but the consequence does not fit the crime.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:24 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

;-D

This will only happen if a sympathetic judge rules in his favor or the school settles with him, but I seriously doubt it will.

I see stuff like this all the time in my job. Someone looks at a person cross-eyed so they file discrimination charges. The charge is bogus, but the law allows them to file and requires a response from the employer. We take the charge, conduct a bare minimal investigation and rule against the charging party. 94% of our charges go “No Reasonable Cause,” and I’d guesstimate that over half of those are bogus charges like this kid’s is going to be.

You will get your day in court, but it’s more than likely not going to go in your favor.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:29 am

I guess I'm looking at this more from the school's standpoint. So many organizations settle to avoid court or publicity. I'd hope they don't in this case.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:28 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I guess I'm looking at this more from the school's standpoint. So many organizations settle to avoid court or publicity. I'd hope they don't in this case.

Do you thin the punishment is fair?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:32 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I guess I'm looking at this more from the school's standpoint. So many organizations settle to avoid court or publicity. I'd hope they don't in this case.

Expulsion? If that's the established punishment, then yes.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:36 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Expulsion? If that's the established punishment, then yes.

For mooning someone?!!?!? No way should you get expelled for mooning someone. It's dumb, it's childish, it shouldn't have been done to a teacher, but for goodness' sake, he just mooned someone! It's not like he showed her his other potty parts.

I think this punishment is WAY overboard. Suspend him, make him do some summer school, for sure make him write an acceptable letter of apology before he gets back in, but expelling him? For showing his butt? Too much.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk