Student sues school to let him back after Mooning Prof - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Student sues school to let him back after Mooning Prof

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:42 pm

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I guess I'm looking at this more from the school's standpoint. So many organizations settle to avoid court or publicity. I'd hope they don't in this case.

Do you thin the punishment is fair?

Expulsion? If that's the established punishment, then yes.

For mooning someone?!!?!? No way should you get expelled for mooning someone. It's dumb, it's childish, it shouldn't have been done to a teacher, but for goodness' sake, he just mooned someone! It's not like he showed her his other potty parts.

I think this punishment is WAY overboard. Suspend him, make him do some summer school, for sure make him write an acceptable letter of apology before he gets back in, but expelling him? For showing his butt? Too much.

i agree
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:48 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I guess I'm looking at this more from the school's standpoint. So many organizations settle to avoid court or publicity. I'd hope they don't in this case.

Thats just it, it is not an established punishment, it was what they did to this kid.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:10 pm

18 year old kid is stupid enough to do this?

Personal opinion is he's too stupid to graduate and he should be sent down to junior high and have to go through the school system again. Also the parents should be slapped for not teaching this waste of space a bit of manners and thought. I also think the school and teacher should countersue the kid and his parents for disrupting a school function and forcing a male teacher (from the sound of it) to see a male's backside (regardless of the teacher's gender, it's still sexual misconduct).

Enough of that though, I think moving him to the other school is a fine move. This kid is a moron who royally screwed up and now has to pay the price for being a moron. If he doesn't like it, tough noogies, he should have thought about the consequences of his actions first. Time to pay the piper.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Twisted Sister » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:36 pm

I heard it was much more than what was being reported... he did something far beyond the "standard" for that prank.

News outlets are not reporting it because apparently it's a little too graphic... I have no idea what it is though.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:44 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:I heard it was much more than what was being reported... he did something far beyond the "standard" for that prank.

News outlets are not reporting it because apparently it's a little too graphic... I have no idea what it is though.

This could change my opinion. If it's just a "here's my butt" thing then I think they're overreacting. If he did something else, maybe they're not.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:51 pm

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

For mooning someone?!!?!? No way should you get expelled for mooning someone. It's dumb, it's childish, it shouldn't have been done to a teacher, but for goodness' sake, he just mooned someone! It's not like he showed her his other potty parts.

I think this punishment is WAY overboard. Suspend him, make him do some summer school, for sure make him write an acceptable letter of apology before he gets back in, but expelling him? For showing his butt? Too much.

I guess it would come down to the whole story and what really took place. If it was just an ass-on-glass incident then too much. If it was an in-your-face mooning, I'm all for the expulsion.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Twisted Sister » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:58 pm

found this:

In the other, the mooning was part of a "prolonged and multifaceted series of offenses" that traumatized a respected veteran teacher and could have brought harsher punishment, including a criminal charge for sexual misconduct.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/03/16/Tampabay/School__family_clash_.shtml

Edit: read down the article... it gets a little more explicit... I'm not going to quote it.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:07 pm

At first I was thinking they might have a case here, but after reading the article, I think the punishment was just.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:58 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:At first I was thinking they might have a case here, but after reading the article, I think the punishment was just.

if it was a simple mooning the punishment was just... now i think there should be criminal charges... he's 18
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:01 pm

Could one of the lawyer people's tell me, after reading that article would there be possibilities of charges of public indecency or something? I mean, if they really wanted to get the guy. Just curious. Not saying that he should have charges against him, but curious. :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk