Student sues school to let him back after Mooning Prof - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Student sues school to let him back after Mooning Prof

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:34 pm

treat24 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:At first I was thinking they might have a case here, but after reading the article, I think the punishment was just.

if it was a simple mooning the punishment was just... now i think there should be criminal charges... he's 18

Yeah, I have to say that after reading that full article I am coming around to thinking this kid got what he deserved. That flagrant of an exposure goes far beyond "mooning." It was ridiculous, and being transferred fits.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:47 pm

knapplc wrote:
treat24 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:At first I was thinking they might have a case here, but after reading the article, I think the punishment was just.

if it was a simple mooning the punishment was just... now i think there should be criminal charges... he's 18

Yeah, I have to say that after reading that full article I am coming around to thinking this kid got what he deserved. That flagrant of an exposure goes far beyond "mooning." It was ridiculous, and being transferred fits.

What I am annoyed by is that the parents and kid think that it matters if he did it for 15 seconds or if he did it for 5 seconds... seriously... come on
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:37 pm

"She opened the door enough for me to talk to her," he said. "And I did put my foot in the door to make sure she could hear me. There was no argumentation. There was a pleading on my part."

He said of Allen's description: "It was a bit of an exaggeration. The words that they used make it seem like a lot worse than I intended it to be."

He and his parents dispute that the act took 15 seconds. "The whole pulling down, spreading, pulling pants back up: five seconds," Taylor said.

OK, here are the major problems I see with this.

First he says that she barely opens the door. So little that it is to the point he sticks his foot in to keep her from shutting it.

Well, with his foot stuck in the door, how is he going to "pull, spread, and pull up"? :-?

OK, so let's assume that he managed all this or he removed his foot (and the teacher didn't just shut the door when he did so) and was able to do this.

The next question is how is he saying that "The whole pulling down, spreading, pulling pants back up" took only five seconds. OK, not to get too graphic, but if he does this, how is he going to do the entire "process" in less than 5 seconds. Hardly worth doing it in the first place. If so, that's not a moon, that's barely a flash.

So yeah, his story doesn't have a lick of truth to it IMO. Also the fact that he denied it and then admitted it, but said it was nowhere near where the teacher said it was. Yeah, just doesn't add up. :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:29 pm

I just hoped for her sake... he wipes well... :-P :-P
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:38 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
treat24 wrote:hope the kid loses... actions have consequences... sounds like a punk kid anyway... keep the little punk expelled

treat24 wrote:kids have to learn lessons... I don't want his lesson to be "sue to get what you want"

;-D

It will be more detrimental to this kid's future if they allow him back.

Not true. That lesson is taight everywhere, not just here and what most people don't know is that when you sue for something stupid 90% of the time it is thrown out and you have to pay the court costs

The lesson that the kid will learn is that if you cry enough, bitch enough, complain enough, whine enough, etc. you can get your way. The school needs to stand fast with this one and teach the kid what his parents have neglected. Every choice comes with a consequence.

Yes, but the consequence does not fit the crime.

Perhaps not, but the new "crime" does not warrant a lawsuit. You are just exchanging one excessive reaction with another.

The kid did something disrespectful, and since the people in authority do not want to deal with it, they call the shots. Someday when he is the boss and calling the shots, he can hire all the mooners he wants.

If he thinks it is excessive, apologize to the the teacher, go to the school board and present your case to be reinstated. If they don't go for it, bite the bullet and move on. It's not like they are denying him an education. They're just giving it to him at a different location...hardly worth suing them over that. What exactly did they do wrong? Hurt his feelings by disciplining him too hard? Give me a break.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:03 pm

dgan wrote:
Perhaps not, but the new "crime" does not warrant a lawsuit. You are just exchanging one excessive reaction with another.

The kid did something disrespectful, and since the people in authority do not want to deal with it, they call the shots. Someday when he is the boss and calling the shots, he can hire all the mooners he wants.

If he thinks it is excessive, apologize to the the teacher, go to the school board and present your case to be reinstated. If they don't go for it, bite the bullet and move on. It's not like they are denying him an education. They're just giving it to him at a different location...hardly worth suing them over that. What exactly did they do wrong? Hurt his feelings by disciplining him too hard? Give me a break.

My guess is it is more about not playing baseball, but yeah, I agree with you.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:49 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
dgan wrote:

My guess is it is more about not playing baseball, but yeah, I agree with you.

i agree, this seems like it is more about the kid wanting to play baseball and getting what he wants... funny thing is... the school could EASILY prolong this lawsuit for 2-3 months making it a moot point... that's what I would do...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:47 am

treat24 wrote:i agree, this seems like it is more about the kid wanting to play baseball and getting what he wants... funny thing is... the school could EASILY prolong this lawsuit for 2-3 months making it a moot point... that's what I would do...

Well, I wouldn't do that intentionally. I'd want to see the right thing done.

EDIT: Messed up quote. :*)
Last edited by Omaha Red Sox on Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:53 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
treat24 wrote:i agree, this seems like it is more about the kid wanting to play baseball and getting what he wants... funny thing is... the school could EASILY prolong this lawsuit for 2-3 months making it a moot point... that's what I would do...[/quote]

yeah, i wouldn't do it either... I'm just saying they could... I had a disorderly conduct about 5 or 6 years ago (a guy punched my buddy at a bar so I punched the guy and he fell to the floor, kicked him on the floor too :-t , I'm definitely not proud of it. The guy was drunk and hit my buddy, I reacted) and that disorderly case took 8 months to even get to court... things can get prolonged a very long time for little or no reason...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:10 am

treat24 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
treat24 wrote:i agree, this seems like it is more about the kid wanting to play baseball and getting what he wants... funny thing is... the school could EASILY prolong this lawsuit for 2-3 months making it a moot point... that's what I would do...[/quote]

yeah, i wouldn't do it either... I'm just saying they could... I had a disorderly conduct about 5 or 6 years ago (a guy punched my buddy at a bar so I punched the guy and he fell to the floor, kicked him on the floor too :-t , I'm definitely not proud of it. The guy was drunk and hit my buddy, I reacted) and that disorderly case took 8 months to even get to court... things can get prolonged a very long time for little or no reason...

But you said "that's what I would do". :-b

I hear what you're saying though. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk