The Mafia Game: Sign ups - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Mafia Game: Sign ups

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Mafia Game: Sign ups

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:07 pm

Wanna play? Read the Rules:

Basic Gameplay
Mafia game modeling a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Mafia is usually played in groups with at least five players. During a basic game, players are divided into two teams: 'Mafia members', who know each other; and 'honest people', who know only the number of Mafia amongst them. The goal of both teams is to eliminate each other; in more complicated games with multiple factions, this generally becomes "last side standing".

Roles
Roles are assigned by the Moderator. The following are the available roles: Mafia & Innocents

Night
Night lasts from 9pm EST to 9am EST. During each night, the mafia members will PM each other and come to a conclusion which Innocent they would like to kill. They will then PM the Moderator with their decision. One Innocent will die every night.

Day
At the beginning of the Day, the Moderator announces the Mafias’ victim. Usually this involves the Narrator telling a story about the murder scene that the remaining players wake up to, and/or a story of how the victim was killed. This player is "dead" and may no longer participate in the game in any way.

During the daytime phase, the Innocents deliberate over which suspected “Mafia” member they wish to nominate for lynched. At any time any player may post a vote for which player he/she feels should be lynched. If a vote reaches 50% of the players at any point during the day, the Moderator is PMed and he/she will confirm the lynching. This player is "dead" and may no longer participate in the game in any way.

How To Win
The game ends either when the last Mafia member is killed (Innocent victory) or the Mafia members gain a majority during the day (Mafia victory). A tie goes to the Mafia (because the innocents have no way of voting them off and, conceptually, because Mafia members are thought to be "stronger" when the Innocents no longer have a numerical advantage).

Additional Rules
1. The moderator's ruling is final. If you think that a decision is unfair, feel free to post why you think so after the game is over. Moderators can always use constructive criticism. Do not, however, be nasty about it.

2. Do not post anything game-related at night. Most moderators will close the threads at night, but it is still your responsibility to check that it is daytime before you post.

3. Do not post anything game-related (even "I suspect him!") once you are dead. In particular, if day has just started, make sure that you haven't died before revealing information you just received at night.

4. Please vote in this syntax (including the bold):
A normal vote wrote:Vote: member name

Changing a vote wrote:Unvote: member name
New vote: member name

5. Never show PMs from the moderator to anyone in the game. Quoting your PM to prove your innocence is strictly forbidden.

6. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the group, and only do that at night.

7. Do not sign up for a game under two different names. You will get caught, and possibly carded if I am feeling mean. (Ok, maybe not, but moderators are unlikely to let you play again.)

8. Do NOT edit posts - if you say something you didn't mean to, that's your mistake. Make 2 posts if you forget something, don't edit the 1st one.

9. I will occasionally post vote tallies. Once a 50% vote is achieved, voting stops and votes cannot be changed. PM the moderator whenever a 50% vote is reached.

Do not sign up if you do not intend to be very active in the thread from beginning to end.

1. deerayfan072
2. RWLongy4
3. Jimboozie
4. steelerfan513
5. Leber
6. beanoX3
7. BGbootha
8. joelamosobadiah
9. logan
10. Karoz
11. moonhead

We will go with 11 players
Last edited by The Balanced Man on Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:11 pm

Im down to be Tony Saprano :-D ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:57 pm

This game sounds like a lot of fun... great idea... I'm definitely in ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:58 pm

TBM, you been roaming around the Darkside lately? :-b :-D

Those are a lot of rules but I'll get it down, so count me in. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:03 pm

Ah, I love the offseason. :-b

I think I get the idea now. I'll do it. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:07 pm

Jimboozie wrote:TBM, you been roaming around the Darkside lately? :-b :-D

shhhhhh O:-) I'm a Proud Tribe Fan. I've been hassling Pale Hose fans for 3 days now. B-)
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:13 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:TBM, you been roaming around the Darkside lately? :-b :-D

shhhhhh O:-) I'm a Proud Tribe Fan. I've been hassling Pale Hose fans for 3 days now. B-)

Oh I know, I'm a White Sox fan and I don't appreciate it! :,-( :-B
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Leber » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:17 pm

You can count me in. ;-D
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:36 pm

I want in too. ;-D
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:49 pm

I'll get in on this. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk