This whole Mafia thing... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

This whole Mafia thing...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:15 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:I'll start a sign-up thread. ;-D


Cool, count me in ;-D


Everyone who's interested please sign up in the sign-in thread. I'll have it up shortly.

As to the "high" ratio of crooks to residents:

1.) The Mob and Yakuza would be as well served to hunt each other as residents, so I think that'll help.

2.) I like carnage.

I have another twist or two in mind (I think) but I'm open to suggestions. ;-D


What happens if all the civilians die, however there are still a couple people from each mob?


They won't know that only criminals remain (Yaks know Yaks, Mob knows Mob, but not each other) so lynchings and killings will continue until only one faction remains.

I think. :-?

If you have a better idea I'm all ears.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby Kilroy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:16 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
whodey#9 wrote:Vote = Start this thing tonight :-b


DO IT!! ;-D

GET TO THE CHOPPAH!! :-b


Oh be patient you hosers. :-b
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby treat24 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:21 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:I'll start a sign-up thread. ;-D


Cool, count me in ;-D


Everyone who's interested please sign up in the sign-in thread. I'll have it up shortly.

As to the "high" ratio of crooks to residents:

1.) The Mob and Yakuza would be as well served to hunt each other as residents, so I think that'll help.

2.) I like carnage.

I have another twist or two in mind (I think) but I'm open to suggestions. ;-D


What happens if all the civilians die, however there are still a couple people from each mob?


They won't know that only criminals remain (Yaks know Yaks, Mob knows Mob, but not each other) so lynchings and killings will continue until only one faction remains.

I think. :-?

If you have a better idea I'm all ears.


sounds good... however... say I am a yak... i can count... and i will know when all the townspeople are dead... i will also know who is in my mob (yaks) ... so if it's just the 2 mobs left... everyone will know who is in which mob... right?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:35 pm

treat24 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:I'll start a sign-up thread. ;-D


Cool, count me in ;-D


Everyone who's interested please sign up in the sign-in thread. I'll have it up shortly.

As to the "high" ratio of crooks to residents:

1.) The Mob and Yakuza would be as well served to hunt each other as residents, so I think that'll help.

2.) I like carnage.

I have another twist or two in mind (I think) but I'm open to suggestions. ;-D


What happens if all the civilians die, however there are still a couple people from each mob?


They won't know that only criminals remain (Yaks know Yaks, Mob knows Mob, but not each other) so lynchings and killings will continue until only one faction remains.

I think. :-?

If you have a better idea I'm all ears.


sounds good... however... say I am a yak... i can count... and i will know when all the townspeople are dead... i will also know who is in my mob (yaks) ... so if it's just the 2 mobs left... everyone will know who is in which mob... right?


That's my worry also.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Postby Kilroy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:48 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
treat24 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:I'll start a sign-up thread. ;-D


Cool, count me in ;-D


Everyone who's interested please sign up in the sign-in thread. I'll have it up shortly.

As to the "high" ratio of crooks to residents:

1.) The Mob and Yakuza would be as well served to hunt each other as residents, so I think that'll help.

2.) I like carnage.

I have another twist or two in mind (I think) but I'm open to suggestions. ;-D


What happens if all the civilians die, however there are still a couple people from each mob?


They won't know that only criminals remain (Yaks know Yaks, Mob knows Mob, but not each other) so lynchings and killings will continue until only one faction remains.

I think. :-?

If you have a better idea I'm all ears.


sounds good... however... say I am a yak... i can count... and i will know when all the townspeople are dead... i will also know who is in my mob (yaks) ... so if it's just the 2 mobs left... everyone will know who is in which mob... right?


That's my worry also.


I see your point, but I'm not necessarily too worried about it. In a game of regular mafia the game would simply end at that point, and it (I guess) would here as well, with the crime syndicate with the most living members declared the victor.

However, I'm thinking that it's in the best interests of the criminals to target each other early. The "Night Killers" (ISK, Mafia, Yaks) have more to fear from each other than they do the townies, especially in the early-going.

If you have an alternative solution I'd love to hear it.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby treat24 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:57 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:I see your point, but I'm not necessarily too worried about it. In a game of regular mafia the game would simply end at that point, and it (I guess) would here as well, with the crime syndicate with the most living members declared the victor.

However, I'm thinking that it's in the best interests of the criminals to target each other early. The "Night Killers" (ISK, Mafia, Yaks) have more to fear from each other than they do the townies, especially in the early-going.

If you have an alternative solution I'd love to hear it.


nope, i think you're ok...

the team with the most mafia will win... so you may as well call the game once it's down to them, i agree with you that they would and should target each other first... so it's likely that it won't matter... i guess we will see...

love the idea of more roles... though i did very much enjoy ACTUALLY being innocent in Mafia II...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Kilroy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:59 pm

I also have some new rules in mind for the Constable, as well as a whole new way someone can potentially get lynched....

Trial by Jury

No idea if it will work. I'm still kicking it around. I'll post what I have when I get back from the store.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby treat24 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:00 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:I also have some new rules in mind for the Constable, as well as a whole new way someone can potentially get lynched....

Trial by Jury

No idea if it will work. I'm still kicking it around. I'll post what I have when I get back from the store.


sweet, i'll be here ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Kilroy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:01 pm

OK, here's my idea.....

The Constable

The Constable, at the end of each game "day", will have Two Options.

1.) Talk to Informant: The moderator (as the informant) can provide the Constable with Information about the Players via PM. There are two choices when Talking to the Informant:
- The Informant will provide the Constable with two pieces of information on two randomly determined players. This info will be in the form of "Player A is not La Cosa Nostra" format, and will effectively narrow down the potential groups a player might be in to two.
- Instead of this randomly determined information the Constable may directly question the informant as to the affiliation of one player.

OR

2.) Make an Arrest: The Constable may Arrest a Player and take them into custody by notifying the moderator via PM. Arrested players then face a Trial by Jury and possible lynching.

Trial By Jury

At the beginning of each game "day" the moderator will randomly select three "jurors". These jurors will not know the others' identities, and will not be notified that they are jurors unless an arrest is made. In the event that an arrest is made these Jurors will be notified via PM that a trial is taking place.

NOTE: Resident Jurors may NOT notify other residents that an arrest has been made. Yakuza or Mafia Jurors may notify the other members of their syndicates.

The three jurors (without knowing the other jurors' identities) will be asked to place a vote of "guilty" or "innocent" for the arrested player. 2 or more Guilty votes constitutes a "Conviction", at which time the player is lynched. 2 or more Innocent votes constitutes an "Acquittal", and the player will be "released" back into play the following game "day".

NOTE: Acquitted Players cannot be murdered by the Lopper, Yakuza, or La Cosa Nostra the night they are "in custody".

Information on Arrests and Trials will be released in the "Evening News" portion of each game day along with the name and affiliation of the player lynched by the Residents Watch (the townspeople). In the event a trial ends in acquittal jurors names will NOT be released. If a trial ends in conviction and lynching the jurors names WILL be released.

Assassinating the Constable

The Constable must attempt to keep his identity secret. Each Game "Night" the two Criminal Syndicates will be asked the identity of the constable. If BOTH syndicates correctly guess the Constable's identity the Constable is assassinated in a hail of gunfire.

NOTE: In the event that fewer than 5 players remain, or if the Constable is assassinated, Arrests and Trials will cease.

Feedback and Suggestions would be appreciated. ;-D
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby eagles21 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:15 pm

WOW, that sounds awesome Kilroy. I'm glad I signed up for this one. ;-D

Just one question. You said that if a trial ends in a lynching (or conviction) then the jurers names will be released. If only 2 vote guilty, will the positions (guilty or innoucent) of the jurers also be released along with their names, or will the information of which jurer said what be anonymous and not released?
Image
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4613
Joined: 7 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: State College, PA

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:03 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact