1st round draft prediction? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Denver Broncos

1st round draft prediction?

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st round draft prediction?

Postby Cupertino_11 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:11 am

With the draft inching closer ever so slooowwlyy :-° I'd like to hear from the die hard Orange & Blues on who you think OR would like the Broncos to pick with their first rounder. Is their player going to fall to them at #21 or are they going to have to swing a deal to move up to get their guy? There's speculaltion about a possible move up to #10 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders with Houston. If not, I can see several solid players filling needs for the Broncs at 21. Moss, Carriker, and possibly Reggie Nelson would seem like logical picks, but Shanahan follows his own logic meaning a move up to snag Ginn Jr. or Landry or even AP wouldn't be totally shocking.

Personally I'd love to see Patrick Willis in the fold. We might have to slide up a half-dozen or so spots to see this happen, but the guy seems like a tackling machine ala Zach Thomas, but with size! He has little history of injuries and could step right in as Wilson's replacement leaving DJ and Gold in their familiar positions. We have the speed on D to cover the sides. We need some muscle in the middle now.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dominator » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:27 am

I would love for Griffin or Nelson to land in our lap. Then we take DE with the next pick or two. We still woulde get someone with good potential to upgrade our pass rush. There are alot of good DE's in this years draft. If we could get an all pro safety, plus a couple solid DE's to bolster the pass rush, we could do great this year.
Dominator
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Yellowbird » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:04 pm

I'd like to see us really look at the DE position. While I agree that we need to find Al Wilson's and John Lynch's replacements, our "right now" need at DE is greater.

Adam Carriker or Jamaal Anderson could fall to us at 21. Although this is a deep DE class, so perhaps Harris, Griffin, or moving up for Willis make sense.

The other guy we will need to replace soon is Tom Nalen. He is getting long in the tooth and Dan Mozes fits the size and shape we usually like our lineman.

DeShawn Wynn could fit the mold of a one cut back if he fell far enough. He's got the speed to suceed in our system. And Ted Ginn Jr would be a money pick if we didn't spend too much to get him. Our return game has been awful the past couple seasons.

Thanks to madaslives911 for the Sig.
Yellowbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cupertino_11 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:13 am

Still hoping for Willis....

<Apr. 25> The biggest buzz on Wednesday surrounded the calls made by the Denver Broncos exploring scenarios to trade up, according to ESPN.com's John Clayton.
Despite reports earlier in the week they were trying to move up to the No. 2 pick, the reality is they are trying to get to around the 10th or 11th pick. Should they get up to that point, the Broncos might be in a position to get players such as defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, linebacker Patrick Willis or defensive end Adam Carriker. Though many of the offers were a little short, they were supposedly good enough for teams to consider.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Timbathia » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:22 pm

Cupertino_11 wrote:Still hoping for Willis....

<Apr. 25> The biggest buzz on Wednesday surrounded the calls made by the Denver Broncos exploring scenarios to trade up, according to ESPN.com's John Clayton.
Despite reports earlier in the week they were trying to move up to the No. 2 pick, the reality is they are trying to get to around the 10th or 11th pick. Should they get up to that point, the Broncos might be in a position to get players such as defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, linebacker Patrick Willis or defensive end Adam Carriker. Though many of the offers were a little short, they were supposedly good enough for teams to consider.

Yeah, I reckon a trade is on the cards. The Houston rumor makes sense for both teams. We need a difference maker and they need everything, so multiple picks would help.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cupertino_11 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:05 am

Speculating a little further....

If Denver does surrender it's 1st, 2nd and 3rd (latter) round picks to move up to Houston's spot, they'd be in position to take Willis or the 2nd best rated DE on their board.....doubt if Landry would still be there. Then, manage to sell Carolina on taking their early 3rd rounder for Kris Jenkins.

I think the additions of Dre Bly, Patrick Willis, and Kris Jenkins would all pay immediate dividends on D. We'll find out in a couple days!
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Denver Broncos