Jackpot!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Jackpot!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:51 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:To imply that ORS is any kind of 'hater of women' is to have absolutely no understanding of who he is. I have known ORS for quite some time and find him to be very caring, loving, and honorable as it pertains to women.

I've engaged Omaha in plenty of debates here (most of them on the baseball side), and I play in a league with him...I know he's not a hater of women, and I assume that he is all of the things you mentioned. I didn't say he was a misogynist, and I wouldn't say that. What I said was that that was a misogynistic statement. It may be a subtle difference, but it's a significant one. Someone can make an idiotic remark without being an idiot, someone can make a racist remark without being a racist, and here, I think Omaha made a misogynistic remark. Doesn't mean I think he's a misogynist.

I knew you didn't intend to imply that I am a misogynist, but I also don't think you understand what I was trying to say. First of all, it is definitely possible for a woman to physically enjoy sex with multiple partners. That is not in question, I don't believe. It is common knowledge that humans, and especially women, get emotionally invested in relationships that involve intimacy. To suggest that they don't is to suggest they are empty soul-less objects. And I know you don't think of women in that way. This is where you find a woman who has a desire, for some reason or another, to have multiple partners instead of a single loved and loving partner. Very few women can turn off their emotions like a switch and go through life as if everything were wonderful when they are obviously filling a void of some kind. To suggest that a woman who has sex with multiple partners is emotionally secure I think you're being rather naive. Or have been fooled. It's the need to have multiple partners and not a stable relationship, or even the promise of one, that my comments were directed at. A woman is supposed to physically enjoy sex. She has been created with this in mind.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:57 pm

U R TEH WINNAR!!11
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:10 pm

terpfan wrote:Image

U R TEH WINNAR!!11

Looks like he just won the lottery. Oh, right... he did. %-6
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to General Talk