The Ugliest People Alive. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Ugliest People Alive.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:34 am

lmcjaho wrote:Quite honestly I find this thread to be pretty stupid - 90% of these Ugliest people cannot help the way they look and it's pretty petty to get your rocks off from laughing at their misfortunes...

with the exception of that one woman that had all that plastic surgery...i totally agree. pretty ridiculous.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:06 am

lmcjaho wrote:[high horse]Quite honestly I find this thread to be pretty stupid - 90% of these Ugliest people cannot help the way they look and it's pretty petty to get your rocks off from laughing at their misfortunes...[/high horse]

Fixed that for you. I am sure you never make fun of anyone for anything.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:41 am

Definitely here (safe link for work):

UGLIES
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:46 am

moonhead wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:Quite honestly I find this thread to be pretty stupid - 90% of these Ugliest people cannot help the way they look and it's pretty petty to get your rocks off from laughing at their misfortunes...

with the exception of that one woman that had all that plastic surgery...i totally agree. pretty ridiculous.

I've avoided this thread because of this.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:07 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
moonhead wrote:

As have I (except to poke a smidge of fun at myself), and I’ve also avoided commentary in this thread because of the appearance of the High Horse factor.

Is this a HUGE deal and worth getting in a twist over? No.

But here’s how this is going to play out – the people who don’t think it’s a big deal are going to square off against the people who do think it’s a big deal. The “bigness” of the deal is going to be slight/tiny for both sides involved, but since it’s easy to become polarized on a forum where you can’t judge tone, body language or inflection, people are going to get their feelings hurt, they’re going to respond in a way that’s more over the top than the situation calls for, and in the end people who really have no reason to be angry with each other are going to have hard feelings against someone else for really no reason.

On a scale of 1 – 10, with 1 being a discussion on who the Bills’ third-string TE will be this year and 10 being a discussion on whether LT2 is the greatest RB of all time, this conversation probably registers around a 2 amongst all the people that are disagreeing, but it can (and probably will) escalate into a big flap.

I can cite about 20 threads where this has happened, many from personal experience. It’s not a big deal, and it’s not worth getting in a twist over.

That’s my two cents.

EDIT - How is this thread any different than the "Hottest Woman Alive" thread? :-?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:57 am

He must fall into the other 10%...

:-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:06 am

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
moonhead wrote:

As have I (except to poke a smidge of fun at myself), and I’ve also avoided commentary in this thread because of the appearance of the High Horse factor.

Is this a HUGE deal and worth getting in a twist over? No.

But here’s how this is going to play out – the people who don’t think it’s a big deal are going to square off against the people who do think it’s a big deal. The “bigness” of the deal is going to be slight/tiny for both sides involved, but since it’s easy to become polarized on a forum where you can’t judge tone, body language or inflection, people are going to get their feelings hurt, they’re going to respond in a way that’s more over the top than the situation calls for, and in the end people who really have no reason to be angry with each other are going to have hard feelings against someone else for really no reason.

On a scale of 1 – 10, with 1 being a discussion on who the Bills’ third-string TE will be this year and 10 being a discussion on whether LT2 is the greatest RB of all time, this conversation probably registers around a 2 amongst all the people that are disagreeing, but it can (and probably will) escalate into a big flap.

I can cite about 20 threads where this has happened, many from personal experience. It’s not a big deal, and it’s not worth getting in a twist over.

That’s my two cents.

EDIT - How is this thread any different than the "Hottest Woman Alive" thread? :-?

As have I...only comment was to only to poke fun at knapp :-b

Great post knapp and I am surprised that it took 3 pages to get our first post against it
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby citybirds27 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:58 am

That's exactly what I was thinking (all the anit-this thread posts) but the only reason i posted pic was because I saw it on someones myspace and had to show someone. I didn't really think the "ugly" people were funny.
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:47 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:Definitely here (safe link for work):

UGLIES

Hilarious. :-b ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby citybirds27 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 pm

ok last past making fun of people here...

Don Imus looks ugly }:-)
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk