35%
movies
33%
television
33%

Total votes : 46

Which are you most into?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:31 pm

I intentionally didn't include sports, because that would be biased given that we are on a fantasy football forum. Just kind of curious about the breakdown. Which are you most into?

I am going with music, as I really enjoy finding new things, learning about new artists, etc.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:35 pm

Television

For obvious reasons:
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:35 pm

I would have said Internet, but of the three it's probably TV. I can't stand most music on the radio today. It's getting way worse, and I blame the recording industry. Music has no substance anymore.

Movies - they're great and all, but I never have a chance to see any anymore. I think I've seen three movies in a theater in the last six months. Then if/when it comes time to look for something to rent or watch off of HBO, they rarely seem interesting enough.

TV is still OK, but I also pretty much never watch network television. I watch Scrubs reruns, Seinfeld reruns, The Daily Show/The Colbert Report, How It's Made and Mythbusters, and that's pretty much it.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:39 pm

knapplc wrote:I can't stand most music on the radio today. It's getting way worse, and I blame the recording industry. Music has no substance anymore.

The meduim might be the problem. Radio is so controlled by the few large corporations that own most of the stations that there is no edge left. They all have to play it safe. I actually agree with the first two sentences that I quoted there, but I still voted music. The good music isn't on the radio, for the most part.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:41 pm

tv
movies

music (agree with what was said about the recording industry)
IMHO
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:41 pm

I voted movies. I probably watch a lot more movies than what would be considered "normal." :-b
But to be real honest, I'd have to say reading or the internet.

Like knapp, I find most of today's music to be garbage. Same with TV. With the exceptions of a few shows, I hardly ever watch TV except for the news. My interest in TV has waned ever since the reality TV explosion spearheaded by FOX. Ironic really, since Married With Children was the first "adult" show that I watched religiously. That and Simpsons and Baywatch.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:47 pm

tough choice for me, but i went with movies.

i probably watch more TV on a regular basis (although i own over 200 DVD's) but nothing gets me more excited than waiting for a new blockbuster movie to come out and then finally getting to see it. i just like the 2-3 hour escape more than that 1/2 hour-hour show

i do like my TV though and there's quite a few series that i've gotta tune into every week, but like i said, nothing beats going to see that big summer blockbuster on the big screen (as long as it isnt Peral Harbor)

Music would be 3rd for me...i like it, but mainly just when i'm in the car or at a concert...and yeah, 90% of today's new music is garbage
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:52 pm

TV. I am not into any of the three much and computers is where its at though. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:53 pm

I am big into all 3, I love movies, I follow a bunch of shows religiously (The Wire, Lost, Entourage, Prison Break), but for me it has to be music. It just makes everything so much better.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:54 pm

Well, by music I don't necessarily mean the radio. Going onto itunes or whatever you use and finding some stuff on your own is fine, which is basically what I do. I don't listen to the radio as much as itunes or my ipod.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk