duke lacrosse - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

duke lacrosse

Moderator: Football Moderators

duke lacrosse

Postby treat24 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:04 pm

ALL charges remaining are being dropped today...

i wish they could charge that girl... such B.S. !
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: duke lacrosse

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:06 pm

treat24 wrote:ALL charges remaining are being dropped today...

i wish they could charge that girl... such B.S. !

I agree. She completely damaged the lacrosse players' lives and potential careers.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:08 pm

Not just her, the DA, who ignored evidence disproving her claims, and manipulated the case to blame these players, ruining 3 lives, all to get more support for his upcoming election. I think being banned from public service in any shape or form is a good start for his punishment, along with some jail time for abuse of powers, and such.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:12 pm

The real crook is nifong
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:45 pm

CNN has a big article up now, and their alert banner says all charges have been dropped.

This is an excerpt of the article:

The North Carolina state bar filed ethics complaints against Nifong in December and January, accusing him of withholding DNA evidence from the players' defense attorneys and of "making misrepresentations to the presiding judge."

Other ethics complaints said Nifong had made inappropriate comments to the media about evidence, testimony, and the students' character and credibility.

Nifong will be tried by the bar in June and could be disbarred if he's found guilty, AP reported.

The man should not be allowed to get away with this. If it is proven true that he has been negligent then I hope they prosecute him to the fullest extent.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:56 pm

I hope the reexamine rape sheild laws. I understand the reasoning behind them, that doesn't mean I unilaterally agree with it. I think it should be a conditional thing, meaning if its found out to be patently false, you should have your identity revealed.

I don't like these boys at all, but they were tried and convicted in the mainstream press and any left-leaning person I know, many right-leaning people, and certainly in a lot of feminist-style writings and op-ed pieces.

Fact is, it was so factually incorrect, and that became apparent fairly early.

I know this is a tougher issue than most, and traditionally, there is a lot of embarassment and intimidation surrounding rape issues. But its still innocent until proven guilty, and sometimes these special rules and false accusations ruin lives.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mrblitz » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:58 pm

The really should be able to charge her, for defamation of character.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:59 pm

mrblitz wrote:The really should be able to charge her, for defamation of character.

Never sue the poor.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:08 am

I wouldn't bother suing her, but shouldn't she have charges of false allegations for this?

The thing really makes me angry. I really think her name and picture should be put up. It's not like the case was somewhat dubious, or that the trial proceeded and through SOME sketchy details or legal wranglings the guys were found not guilty.

The DA flatly said that the boys were innocent. Innocent is a strong word, as "not guilty" can still mean that you did it, but it just couldn't be proven. Innocent means, well, you know...
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby treat24 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:21 am

eaglesrule wrote:I wouldn't bother suing her, but shouldn't she have charges of false allegations for this?

The thing really makes me angry. I really think her name and picture should be put up. It's not like the case was somewhat dubious, or that the trial proceeded and through SOME sketchy details or legal wranglings the guys were found not guilty.

The DA flatly said that the boys were innocent. Innocent is a strong word, as "not guilty" can still mean that you did it, but it just couldn't be proven. Innocent means, well, you know...

agree with you...

falsely accusing these boys is ALMOST as bad as the act they are falsely accused of...

both crimes traumatically wreck people's lives
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Next

Return to General Talk