Mafia IV: Mob War (SIGN UP) RULES POSTED! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mafia IV: Mob War (SIGN UP) RULES POSTED!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mafia IV: Mob War (SIGN UP) RULES POSTED!

Postby Kilroy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:02 pm

Mafia IV: Mob War

Two crime syndicates, as much at each other's throats as they are trying to establish dominance over the sleepy town of Cadaverburg. Can the terrified residents of C-burg root them out? Can the C-burg Constable uncover the identity of the dreaded Lakeside Lopper before he claims another victim?

Does anyone care? :-B

3 La Cosa Nostra
3 Yakuza
13 Residents
1 Constable
1 "Lopper"

21 participants.

AT LEAST 1 Lynching and 3 killings per day to satisfy your bloodlust.

Interested?

I'm open to rules suggestions.

Mafia IV will begin a day or so after the conclusion of Mafia III.

RULES

Basic Gameplay
Mafia IV: Mob War is a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Players are divided into three teams: "Mafia members" and "Yakuza Members", who know each other; and "Residents", who know only the number of criminals amongst them. The goal of all "teams" is to eliminate the others.

NOTE: Mafia members know the other Mafia Members, but not the Yakuza Members, and vice versa.

Roles
Roles are assigned by the Moderator. The following are the available roles:

Mafia- These are bad guys. They know who each other are. At night they get 1 Night Kill.

Yakuza- These are bad guys. They know who each other are. At night they get 1 Night Kill.

Resident- These are just regular people of the town. They have nothing special about them.

"Lakeview Lopper"- an Insane Serial Killer terrorizing the streets of Cadaverburg. At night the Lopper gets 1 Night Kill

Constable- The beleaguered law enforcement official in Cadaverburg. The constable has the power to obtain information about players and make arrests. (see New Rules.)

Night
Night begins after a player is killed (by lynching or "Act of God") and the constable has obtained info or made an arrest (which would then begin a "Trial by Jury"...see New Rules), and lasts until the moderator posts that day has started. There will be no voting allowed during the night.

Day
At the beginning of the Day, the Moderator announces the victims. This will appear in the form of the "Good Morning Cadaverburg" newscast. These players are "dead" and may no longer participate in the game in any way.

During the daytime phase, the Residents deliberate over which suspected “Mafia” or "Yakuza" member they wish to nominate for lynching. At any time any player may post a vote for which player he/she feels should be lynched. For someone to be lynched, a majority vote (more than 50%) needs to be reached. Once someone is lynched, please PM the moderator.

NOTE: If no player has been lynched by 11 P.M. EST on any game day then the "Act of God" Rule will be instituted and the game will progress.

"Act of God"
If no player has been lynched by the cutoff time on any game day then the player who presently has the most votes will die "accidentally" (lightning strike, ocelot attack, etc.). If two or more players are tied for the most votes the "victim" will be chosen randomly from the tied players.

Game Day Progression
Day
"Good Morning Cadaverburg" (recap of previous night)
Voting and Discussion
Lynching or "Act of God"
Constable activities
Trial by Jury (if applicable)
"Cadaverburg Evening News" (recap of Day)

Night
Lopper Killing
Mafia Killing
Yakuza Killing
Constable Assassination (if applicable)

How To Win
The game ends when:

1.) the last Mafia member, Yakuza member, and the Lopper have been killed (Resident victory)

2.) All non-syndicate (Mafia and Yakuza) players have been killed. At this point the syndicate with the most "living" players will be declared the victor.

3.) Only the Lopper and one player (from any faction) remain. (Lopper victory)

Additional Rules
1. The moderator's ruling is final. If you think that a decision is unfair, feel free to post why you think so after the game is over. Moderators can always use constructive criticism. Do not, however, be nasty about it.

2. While posting in Game Day threads is permitted during the "Night" portion, voting is not.

3. Do not post anything game-related (even "I suspect him!") once you are dead. In particular, if day has just started, make sure that you haven't died before revealing information you just received at night.

4. Please vote in this syntax (including the bold):
A normal vote wrote:
Vote: member name

Changing a vote wrote:
Unvote: member name
New vote: member name

5. Never show PMs from the moderator to anyone in the game. Quoting your PM to prove your innocence is strictly forbidden.

6. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the mafia or yakuza groups.

7. Do not sign up for a game under two different names. You will get caught, and possibly carded if I am feeling mean. (Ok, maybe not, but moderators are unlikely to let you play again.)

8. Do NOT edit posts - if you say something you didn't mean to, that's your mistake. Make 2 posts if you forget something, don't edit the 1st one.

9. the Moderator will occasionally post vote tallies. Once a majority vote is achieved, voting stops and votes cannot be changed. PM the moderator whenever a majority vote is reached.

10. If the Lopper is lynched he is still entitled to a Kill that night. (The murder took place just before the lynching, but the body was not discovered until later)

11.) "Good Morning Cadaverburg" Reports and the new day's thread will be posted the night before whenever possible. (i.e. Monday's thread will be posted late Sunday Night, etc.) However, please do not cast votes in these threads until 8 AM EST. Posting in the thread is acceptable.
EXAMPLE: The "intro" and Day 1 Thread will be posted late Sunday evening, but voting should not begin until 8 AM EST on Monday Morning.

New Rules

The Constable

The Constable, at the end of each game "day", will have Two Options.

1.) Talk to Informant: The moderator (as the informant) can provide the Constable with Information about the Players via PM. There are two choices when Talking to the Informant:
- The Informant will provide the Constable with two pieces of information on two randomly determined players. This info will be in the form of "Player A is not La Cosa Nostra" format, and will effectively narrow down the potential groups a player might be in to two.
- Instead of this randomly determined information the Constable may directly question the informant as to the affiliation of one player.

OR

2.) Make an Arrest: The Constable may Arrest a Player and take them into custody by notifying the moderator via PM. Arrested players then face a Trial by Jury and possible lynching.

Trial By Jury

At the beginning of each game "day" the moderator will randomly select three "jurors". These jurors will not know the others' identities, and will not be notified that they are jurors unless an arrest is made. In the event that an arrest is made these Jurors will be notified via PM that a trial is taking place.

NOTE: Resident Jurors may NOT notify other residents that an arrest has been made. Yakuza or Mafia Jurors may notify the other members of their syndicates.

The three jurors (without knowing the other jurors' identities) will be asked to place a vote of "guilty" or "innocent" for the arrested player. 2 or more Guilty votes constitutes a "Conviction", at which time the player is lynched. 2 or more Innocent votes constitutes an "Acquittal", and the player will be "released" back into play the following game "day".

NOTE: Acquitted Players cannot be murdered by the Lopper, Yakuza, or La Cosa Nostra the night they are "in custody".

Information on Arrests and Trials will be released in the "Evening News" portion of each game day along with the name and affiliation of the player lynched by the Residents Watch (the townspeople). In the event a trial ends in acquittal jurors names will NOT be released. If a trial ends in conviction and lynching the jurors names WILL be released.

Assassinating the Constable

The Constable must attempt to keep his identity secret. Each Game "Night" the two Criminal Syndicates will be asked the identity of the constable. If BOTH syndicates correctly guess the Constable's identity the Constable is assassinated in a hail of gunfire.

NOTE: In the event that fewer than 5 players remain, or if the Constable is assassinated, Arrests and Trials will cease.

"The New Guy in Town"

If alternates exist for Mafia IV then on the "morning" of Day 3 of the game one of these alternates will be randomly selected and entered into the game as "The New Guy In Town". There is a 50% chance this player will be a resident, a 25% chance this player will be mafia, and a 25% chance this player will be yakuza.

Kilroy1872 is the moderator for Mafia IV: Mob War

1. treat24
2. moonhead
3. A Fleshner Fantasy
4. whodey #9
5. McPeePants
6. Leber
7. joelamosobadiah
8. m16a
9. eagles21
10. The Balanced Man
11. deerayfan072
12. vitalogist
13. danleroi22
14. Twisted Sister
15. Karoz
16. steelerfan513
17. RWLongy4
18. Metroid
19. Free Bagel
20. lmcjaho
21. Azrael

ALT: Jimboozie
ALT: beanoX3
Last edited by Kilroy on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:23 am, edited 15 times in total.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:02 pm

FIRST !!!
I"m in!
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:04 pm

I'm in!!

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby treat24 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:06 pm

hey mafia 4 mob war... it rhymes!!! :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby moonhead » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:08 pm

;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby whodey#9 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:14 pm

here :-B
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Leber » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:26 pm

Sounds different. If it starts after this Saturday count me in. ;-D
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby whodey#9 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:29 pm

Leber wrote:Sounds different. If it starts after this Saturday count me in. ;-D

oh forgot about that, good thing you reminded me, yeah Im only in if this starts after this sunday, whew thanks Leber ;-D
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby McPeePants » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:31 pm

I'm in...whenever you want to start it is fine with me
McPeePants
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kilroy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:33 pm

How's Monday (if Mafia III is done by then)?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to General Talk