Mafia III (Werewolf) Day 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mafia III (Werewolf) Day 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mafia III (Werewolf) Day 1

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:53 am

Ok I have class until 3:15 and I didn't want you guys to have to wait an extra 15 minutes so i'll just post now. Discussion can start but no voting can take place until 3:00 PM EST. ;-D

Please Do Not Post In This Thread If You Are Not Apart of the Game

Basic Gameplay
Werewolf game modeling a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Werewolf is usually played in groups with at least five players. During a basic game, players are divided into two teams: 'Werewolves', who know each other; and 'honest people', who know only the number of Werewolves amongst them. The goal of both teams is to eliminate each other; in more complicated games with multiple factions, this generally becomes "last side standing".

Roles
Roles are assigned by the Moderator. The following are the available roles:

Werewolves- These are the bad guys. They know who each other are. At night they get 1 Night Kill.

Townsfolk "Townie"- These are just regular people of the town. They have nothing special about them.

Investigator - The investigator is part of the Townsfolk. Each night he gets to PM the Moderator with a name. Then the moderator will PM whether that person is a townie, mafia or the Insane Serial Killer. The Investigator can't reveal the results until the morning and has to be alive in order to do so.

Insane Serial Killer(ISK)- The ISK gets 1 Night Kill each night. Also if the ISK is lynched on day 1 or day 2, then the person who first voted for the ISK that day will get murdered by the ISK before he is lynched.

Town Drunk- The Town Drunk is a typical townsman that plays like a wildcard each night. His role is exactly that of the Investigator, except this guy does his job while completely wasted. Every night he asks the role of a person in the game with a 50/50 chance that he will kill the guy in his drunken state rather than learning the person’s identity.

Night
Night lasts from 3 am – 3 pm. During this time the Investigator/Drunk will PM me their suspect and the Mafia/ISK will PM me the person they want to off.

Day
At the beginning of the Day, the Moderator announces the Mafias’ victim. Usually this involves the Narrator telling a story about the murder scene that the remaining players wake up to, and/or a story of how the victim was killed. This player is "dead" and may no longer participate in the game in any way. Once someone is lynched than the day is over.

During the daytime phase, the Innocents deliberate over which suspected “Mafia” member they wish to nominate for lynched. At any time any player may post a vote for which player he/she feels should be lynched. For someone to be lynched, a majority vote (more than 50%) needs to be reached. Once someone is lynched, please PM the moderator.

How To Win
The game ends either when the last Werewolf member is killed (Innocent victory) or the Mafia members gain a majority during the day (Mafia victory). A tie goes to the Mafia (because the innocents have no way of voting them off and, conceptually, because Mafia members are thought to be "stronger" when the Innocents no longer have a numerical advantage). For the Insane Serial Killer to win, he needs to survive until it's him alive and one other person.

Note: If it comes down to one mafia vs the ISK, tie goes to ISK because the ISK is insane and would definitely win in a gunfight.

Additional Rules
1. The moderator's ruling is final. If you think that a decision is unfair, feel free to post why you think so after the game is over. Moderators can always use constructive criticism. Do not, however, be nasty about it.

2. Do not post anything game-related at night. Most moderators will close the threads at night, but it is still your responsibility to check that it is daytime before you post.

3. Do not post anything game-related (even "I suspect him!") once you are dead. In particular, if day has just started, make sure that you haven't died before revealing information you just received at night.

4. Please vote in this syntax (including the bold):
A normal vote wrote:
Vote: member name

Changing a vote wrote:
Unvote: member name
New vote: member name

5. Never show PMs from the moderator to anyone in the game. Quoting your PM to prove your innocence is strictly forbidden.

6. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are apart of the mafia in which case outside deliberation is part of strategy.

7. Do not sign up for a game under two different names. You will get caught.

8. Do NOT edit posts - if you say something you didn't mean to, that's your mistake. Make 2 posts if you forget something, don't edit the 1st one.

9. I will occasionally post vote tallies. Once a 50% vote is achieved, voting stops and votes cannot be changed. PM the moderator whenever a majority vote is reached.

---------Day 1------------

The story begins in a little town called Darkshire, a spooky town that is said to be overrun by werewolves during one week out of every year. Guess what? It’s that week again! The Moon is out and it’s your job to lynch the culprits before they reek havoc on you and your fellow townsfolk. That’s not the worst of it, an Insane Serial Killer has been roaming the town, and thirsts for blood! Get these guys out of the picture and keep the town drunk under wraps and you townsfolk might just make it out alive. Muahaha.

1. Vitalogist
2. Steelersfan513
3. Jimboozie
4. lmcjaho
5. beanoX3
6. Karoz
7. Whodey#9
8. Treat24
9. Metroid
10. BGbootha
11. m16a
12. Danleroi
13. Free Bagel
14. Kilroy1872
15. moonhead
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:55 am

YAY!!! I love this game!
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 pm

We need some theme music. :-?
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby vitalogist » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:02 pm

SO damned addictive! game on...
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:02 pm

treat24 wrote:YAY!!! I love this game!

Sounds like something a werewolf would say...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:06 pm

Free Bagel wrote:

Bagel knows what werewolves would say, eh? }:-)
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:06 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:

Bagel knows what werewolves would say, eh? }:-)

sounds like bagel is a werewolf trying to deflect attention from himself :-?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:10 pm

^^Sounds like something a werewolf would say.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moonhead » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:20 pm

let's go to the pub
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:24 pm

vote: Joel

:-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk