Help with a job?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Help with a job??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sammyj1404 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:55 pm

who is that contact? i saw some internship opportunity with the blue jackets but it didnt sound that great. since i already have an internship this summer, the main thing im trying to do is establish some sort of connection/relationship with people and try to get a good job offer for next summer.
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:56 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:I'm not exactly sure, but aren't a large percentage of sports agents affiliated with one of the few large firms? I think it's kinda rare to find an independent agent nowadays, or at least any successful ones.

Maybe you should strike up a close friendship with a promising athlete at your school. :-?

Unfortunately there aren't many where we go to school :-b

I don't know Longy, I know hockey at least has quiet a few...Ryan Jones, Guerin, Zatkoff, ect...Our last what 2 or 3 QB's have gotten Superbowl rings...and we can turn out some decent WRs...so...you could always start there if you wanted.

But the minoring in Spanish is huge, theres such a need for bilingual workers out there, maybe contact some organizations down in Florida or Out West in California. Never hurts to try.

Also you might want to try contact the Columbus Blue Jackets, theres at least one contact, I can think of off the top of my head thats affiliated with them that reside in Oxford.

Haha I was the one who made the post about the last two QBs, It's actually our last 2, not 2 out of 3 Ben and then Betts. Obviously we have a really good hockey program, I'm sam's roomate and I'm not entirely sure he's into hockey enough to want to go that route, but I could be wrong. Our figure skating team isn't bad either :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:46 pm

True its world class, but have you heard of the Davidges by chance? Bill Davidge is one of the head brodcasters for CBJ and does lots of things inside the organization is my understanding, lives out by the country clubish.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Re: Help with a job??

Postby stomperrob » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:02 pm

sammyj1404 wrote:this is totally random, but as i am approaching the end of my junior year in college, with an internship lined up for this summer at a bank, but a very strong interest in sports, i was just wondering if anyone has any hints/tips/suggestions/ideas/anything on possible jobs out there that involve business in the world of sports. obviously there is stuff like being an agent, owning teams, ESPN, stuff like that, but i feel like u have to have a hookup or an "in" to get a job like that. i'm dying to work with sports when i graduate, im majoring in finance and minoring in spanish. just wondering if any of u had any ideas for me. thanks!

**i know this is really random but i might as well try

NFL.com has a job posting page on their site:
http://footballjobs.teamworkonline.com/ ... efault.cfm

and so does MLB:
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/help/jobs.jsp?c_id=mlb

NBA:
http://www.nba.com/careers/

NHL:
http://hockeyjobs.nhl.com/teamwork/jobs/default.cfm
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Previous

Return to General Talk