Titans need to build top offense for '07??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Tennessee Titans

Titans need to build top offense for '07???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Titans need to build top offense for '07???

Postby Aaron's Arsenal » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:39 am

Yes, I know "Defense wins championships" and all that....
but I think, looking at the holes on our team (especially with PAC out), the defense is not going to be solidified this year...no matter what we do in FA and the draft.
A DE in round 1 would help....but the facts are that we're in bad shape at CB, bad shape at one safety spot, and bad shape at DE and Dline in general.
We are just not going to solve those in one year.

However, I DO think we can solve a lot of our offensive woes alot quicker with some immediate FA and Draft focus.
Getting Turner, and drafting a top WR in the first round....would probably give us one of the better offenses in league:
Vince, Turner, Lendale...a solid line....B.Jones and a 1st round WR, Givens when he comes back. We'll be able to score some serious points.
Also, Turner is great return guy.

yes, our secondary is going to (once again) get torched all year. There just isn't much we can do about that unless we someone wrestled Samuels from the Patriots (which i sincerely doubt will happen).
No draft pick will step in take Pac's place right away....EVERYONE NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT.
Outside of Hope, we don't have another trust-worthy, tested safety...and we have too many to draft another one...we have to just see what develops there.
A first round DE would help....but not enough to turn our D around.

I think we need to face facts for 2007....we need to score lots of points to be competitive....cause we won't be keeping many teams under 20 points.

just my 2 cents.

this is from a Forumn I also frequent(Titansonline.com) but actually agree. We have alot of holes on D which we probably can fill some in draft but we may be able to hang in with a mediocre D, and high powered offense...like Indy was until later part of the year? what are you guys thoughts?

(keep in mind I agree that D is a huge need, just looking at this theory for this year and next year maybe having Pac back and picking up a better D line)
Aaron's Arsenal
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Tennessee Titans