Official Madden 08 Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Official Madden 08 Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cards24 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:31 pm

EA really dropped the ball on Madden for the next generation consoles, however I think we are up for a surprise. From what we had last year this game can ONLY go up (think about it!)

I think the pressure from the 2k Series sports team coming out with that "hall of fame football game" along with what I am predicting low presale orders from people being leary from buying another "Bust" should be a wake up call for EA's Madden production team. B-)

Its funny because usually its about this time of the year when EA comes out with those amazing graphics for the game that starts up the hype just to be dissapointed when you actually first play it. :-b
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sox 06 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:31 am

Something else I want to see if some of the trick plays. Lateral passes would be great but Madden has never had those. I want to see the flea flickers, HB passes, reverse passes and things like that brought to the 360.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:59 pm

Devin Hester: Maximum Speed

It's long been rumored, it's been hinted at, it's been lobbied for, and it's been perennially denied -- but now, an NFL player has finally achieved the near-impossible: meriting a perfect 100 in one of Madden NFL's proprietary skills ratings.

Chicago return man Devin Hester has attained perfection in the "Speed" category, gaining the maximum 100 rating in the upcoming Madden NFL 08 for his amazing wheels. Hester, who set an NFL single-season record with six returns for touchdowns in his rookie campaign of 2006, has been known as the "Windy City Flyer" for his unique ability to turn on the afterburners and bring a kick back for six points. His 100 rating tops the previous high of 99, given to such players as Deion Sanders, Randy Moss, Charles Woodson, and a couple others.

Hester racked up his six scores on three punt returns, two kick returns and an incredible 108-yard return of a missed field goal attempt against the New York Giants. Additionally, he took the opening kickoff of Super Bowl XLI 92 yards for a score, making him the first player ever to open the Super Bowl with a touchdown on the very first kick.

Hester has been known to have been lobbying members of the Madden NFL 08 development team for the top speed rating. He's certainly deserving of the honor; after all, there's pure speed and then there's football speed, which measures how fast a player can go weighed down with pads and equipment while 11 men on the other team try to bring him down. As he showed many times during his breakout rookie season, Hester's football speed is top-notch, and now Madden NFL 08 will pay him the ultimate respect by giving him a perfect rating in that category.

"That's just about the best thing you could have told me," Hester said with a huge smile, when informed of his new Speed rating. "It's an honor -- I don't know what to say, really."

How does he feel about being rated higher than his friend and mentor "Neon" Deion Sanders, who was once timed at 4.19 in the forty-yard dash and returned a kick or two in his day? "Deion has told me a bunch of times that I was as fast as he was," Hester replied diplomatically.

As fast as he is, the return man -- who also plays cornerback for the Bears -- still has some room for improvement in other areas, but like most NFL players that also play Madden, when we inquired about some of his other ratings, he was less than satisfied. "Well, since you're asking, my defensive awareness was low -- too low," he said, "and I definitely need to break more tackles. On a few of my returns last year I feel like I showed what I can do in that category."

Hester will just have to live with those "subpar" ratings for now, and really, the Breaking Tackles rating may not mean much in the end -- with a 100 Speed rating, who is going to catch him in the first place?

The cover will be announced days before the draft also. ESPN had the favorites as Peyton, BRady & LT.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:02 pm

I read something somewhere that the cover will be announced this Tuesday or Thursday on the Jimmy Kimmel show.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:15 pm

Here is an excellent article on who might be on the cover. Not that I agree with them, but its a good read. ;-D

http://sports.ign.com/articles/780/780170p2.html
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:36 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Here is an excellent article on who might be on the cover. Not that I agree with them, but its a good read. ;-D

Its Vince Young, don't draft him this year :-o
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:41 am

sox 06 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Here is an excellent article on who might be on the cover. Not that I agree with them, but its a good read. ;-D

Yeah, I read that yesterday. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:54 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
sox 06 wrote:

Yeah, I read that yesterday. ;-D

I'm a bit behind as I lost my cable/internet for the past 30 hours because of the storm we had :~( :-t
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby sox 06 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:49 am

Another thing I want to see added to the next gen games is the commentary. I want Madden back and that EA Sports Radio guy out :-P
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby confused_jake » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:34 pm

confused_jake wrote:No madden on regular xbox this year :-o :-t . but i can still get ncaa football 08 so ill live till i get a 360.

Ok well i looked at 2 different sources and both said that Madden 08 WILL be on regular xbox, but they also say these decisions aret not final and may change.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games