Official Madden 08 Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Official Madden 08 Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Madden 08 Thread

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:48 pm

sox 06 wrote:
mystykoekaki wrote:I just got Madden 08 for XBOX 360 and I'm still learning the controls....man, Peterson is a BEAST in that game. Anyways....I just tried to do something that I sometimes do and that is have a exhibition game between 2 CPU's because I LOVE to watch the CPU play because I think it's quite entertaining. Is it my imagination or can't I do that anymore? ....you can't have two CPUs play each other? ....why?

I don't think you could do that in last season's edition either. I don't know why though.

Yeah, it's stupid....I love doing the Madden outcomes before the games actually happened. Plus I use to set it up as a tournament and waste a whole Saturday afternoon just watching the computer play...it was the slickness yo!
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jnjtk555 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:33 pm

I just got it for ps2 yesterday and I am pretty pleased with the game. I like the new skills tests with the practice dummies; did that for about a couple of hours before even exploring the rest of the game. I never really did like the superstar mode, the idea of only being able to control your player is kinda a turnoff for me.

The game play of 08 is noticeable better that 07 and of course the graphics have improved as well. But I have never been one to fiddle with the sliders. I don't really understand why the default settings won't give you realistic results stats wise thoughout the season. But on 08 I think i will tweak the sliders, I was playing with the bears against the Chargers and rushed with C.B for over 200 yds & 2 tds in 7 min qrts on all-madden w/o repeating plays; while the chgo D held LT to under 70 yds :-? :-? :-?
and Grossman had a a couple of tds himself.

Im thinking about playing online in these next couple of days and was wondering if you can update your rosters by going online. I assumed Trent Green would be on the Fins but he was still with the Chiefs, throwing monkey wrench of sorts into my season. So if someone could answer this ques. I'd appreciate it....peace
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:24 pm

jnjtk555 wrote:I just got it for ps2 yesterday and I am pretty pleased with the game. I like the new skills tests with the practice dummies; did that for about a couple of hours before even exploring the rest of the game. I never really did like the superstar mode, the idea of only being able to control your player is kinda a turnoff for me.

The game play of 08 is noticeable better that 07 and of course the graphics have improved as well. But I have never been one to fiddle with the sliders. I don't really understand why the default settings won't give you realistic results stats wise thoughout the season. But on 08 I think i will tweak the sliders, I was playing with the bears against the Chargers and rushed with C.B for over 200 yds & 2 tds in 7 min qrts on all-madden w/o repeating plays; while the chgo D held LT to under 70 yds :-? :-? :-?
and Grossman had a a couple of tds himself.

Im thinking about playing online in these next couple of days and was wondering if you can update your rosters by going online. I assumed Trent Green would be on the Fins but he was still with the Chiefs, throwing monkey wrench of sorts into my season. So if someone could answer this ques. I'd appreciate it....peace

Yes, as soon as you log-in online it asks if you want to update your rosters and Green will be in
Miami.

thebigsmooth wrote:For the 360:

How do you make the Defender Straffe? Back up while facing the Line of Scrimmage.
Also any helpful hints for playing better defense? Especially at DB?

Thanks

Off the top of my head I think you hold left trigger (LT) but i'm not positive on that.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SJNez46 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:51 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:
sox 06 wrote:
mystykoekaki wrote:I just got Madden 08 for XBOX 360 and I'm still learning the controls....man, Peterson is a BEAST in that game. Anyways....I just tried to do something that I sometimes do and that is have a exhibition game between 2 CPU's because I LOVE to watch the CPU play because I think it's quite entertaining. Is it my imagination or can't I do that anymore? ....you can't have two CPUs play each other? ....why?

I don't think you could do that in last season's edition either. I don't know why though.

Yeah, it's stupid....I love doing the Madden outcomes before the games actually happened. Plus I use to set it up as a tournament and waste a whole Saturday afternoon just watching the computer play...it was the slickness yo!

I did that with my friend in NCAA Basketbal 2007. We did it inbetween the 1st round and the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. We each picked teams we wanted (kind of like a draft) and we played out all of the games before they happened. It was really fun.
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jnjtk555 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:40 am

Has this happened to anyone else while in fanchise mode; in the 4th quarter one of your starters isn't available. It was happening iwth C Benson for 2 straight games and I concluded it was because of the distribution i set for RB1 & RB2, but the very next game im in a shootout with the Lions and Desmond Clark and D Hester were lining up in the WR positions? Whats that about?
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:25 am

jnjtk555 wrote:Has this happened to anyone else while in fanchise mode; in the 4th quarter one of your starters isn't available. It was happening iwth C Benson for 2 straight games and I concluded it was because of the distribution i set for RB1 & RB2, but the very next game im in a shootout with the Lions and Desmond Clark and D Hester were lining up in the WR positions? Whats that about?

Are you still playing the Pre-Season games? It will automatically pull some starters at the end of pre-season games. If its during the regular season I have no idea... :-o
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:27 pm

Just finished a season and looked at the year end stats. I found it interesting that 8 different RB's had over 400 carries. Edgerrin James had 498! Two guys rushed for 2,000 or more yards, including 2,100 by Larry Johnson. I just thought that was a little ridiculous. THe developers should have balanced out computer controlled offenses a little more.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm

bagobonez wrote:Just finished a season and looked at the year end stats. I found it interesting that 8 different RB's had over 400 carries. Edgerrin James had 498! Two guys rushed for 2,000 or more yards, including 2,100 by Larry Johnson. I just thought that was a little ridiculous. THe developers should have balanced out computer controlled offenses a little more.

wow, 498 ....he should be dead. LaDainian is winning the rushing title in my franshise, Peterson is ranked #4 with 1 more game to go so I doubt I will get it but at least I have 22 TDs! :P

BTW, anybody have any decent passing playbooks or plays they use? Cause I throw like 2 INTs a game and I only found out that screen passes work.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:37 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Just finished a season and looked at the year end stats. I found it interesting that 8 different RB's had over 400 carries. Edgerrin James had 498! Two guys rushed for 2,000 or more yards, including 2,100 by Larry Johnson. I just thought that was a little ridiculous. THe developers should have balanced out computer controlled offenses a little more.

wow, 498 ....he should be dead. LaDainian is winning the rushing title in my franshise, Peterson is ranked #4 with 1 more game to go so I doubt I will get it but at least I have 22 TDs! :P

BTW, anybody have any decent passing playbooks or plays they use? Cause I throw like 2 INTs a game and I only found out that screen passes work.

I use the Colts and I love their passing plays, but then again it helps to have Manning throwing to Wayne and Harrison with about 87654 weapons between them :-b
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eagles21 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:04 pm

I use the Packers playbook just because I generally like the plays. Not too many play action, decent amount of shotgun.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games