Official Madden 08 Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Official Madden 08 Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Madden 08 Thread

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:06 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Just finished a season and looked at the year end stats. I found it interesting that 8 different RB's had over 400 carries. Edgerrin James had 498! Two guys rushed for 2,000 or more yards, including 2,100 by Larry Johnson. I just thought that was a little ridiculous. THe developers should have balanced out computer controlled offenses a little more.

wow, 498 ....he should be dead. LaDainian is winning the rushing title in my franshise, Peterson is ranked #4 with 1 more game to go so I doubt I will get it but at least I have 22 TDs! :P

BTW, anybody have any decent passing playbooks or plays they use? Cause I throw like 2 INTs a game and I only found out that screen passes work.

I usually find that most crosses/drags/posts(posts are only when the MLB is in coverage/blitz and not zoning that area) work for me especially if you line up your #1 WR in those spots(or fastest). I used to do a lot of hooks, but the latest play style has led me away from them. Fades and Flag routes work for me about .00000001% of the time and that's only if I do PA and they're wide-open.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Re:

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:12 pm

eagles21 wrote:I use the Packers playbook just because I generally like the plays. Not too many play action, decent amount of shotgun.

Man you are odd. You like the eagles, have an eagles avatar, you live in new jersey....then you have a marvin harrison signature.....then you play with the packers playbook on madden.....are you confused? ...LOL.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:32 pm

Does anyone know how to unlock the 99 overall teams?
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:35 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:
eagles21 wrote:I use the Packers playbook just because I generally like the plays. Not too many play action, decent amount of shotgun.

Man you are odd. You like the eagles, have an eagles avatar, you live in new jersey....then you have a marvin harrison signature.....then you play with the packers playbook on madden.....are you confused? ...LOL.

Nice insight man. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Re:

Postby eagles21 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:55 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:

:-b :-b

I don't like the Eagles playbook, but they are the team I play with in my franchise. Also, I'm working on an Eagles sig with the season starting up, it's just not finished yet. Marvin is holding it's place for now. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:56 pm

I love playing the Pack in Madden. Espeically with that new QB vision stuff that came out a couple years ago. Favres cone was like the entire field. ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:14 pm

A couple really annoying things I've found so far (this is all for Madden 08 on the Wii, might not be on the others)...

You can't edit players' equipment. A minor thing to some, but I really liked being able to add/remove visors/armbands/eyeblack/and just other cool looking equipment to my players.

You can only scroll in one direction when scrolling through players on defense. Really annoying if you go past the guy you want to control and you have to go all the way back. Normally the other team has hiked it by the time I get back to my guy.

For some of the screens you can only scroll in one way though I can't remember which off the top of my head. I also haven't been able to figure out how to sort stat categories, like to figure out who has the most tackles or sacks or rushing yards or whatever.

Maybe it's just me but I'm having trouble connecting to other players in the online lobby. Half the time when I get in, I end up getting disconnected pretty soon. Haven't yet completed a whole online game and I can never get into one most of the time. Doesn't run so great when online anyway.

thats all I can think of for now...its an okay game but really not all that great for Wii.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:30 pm

I just found out about the skill games, very fun and cool addition. (I am probably the last to find this out, but just in case you havent :-) )

Also how the #$# do you run screes. EVERYTIME, the dline gets to me before the RB opens up. This is on all pro.
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:18 am

whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:I just found out about the skill games, very fun and cool addition. (I am probably the last to find this out, but just in case you havent :-) )

Also how the #$# do you run screes. EVERYTIME, the dline gets to me before the RB opens up. This is on all pro.

I can't remember ever being able to run screens successfully in Madden, at with least their specific "screen" plays. It's like the offensive line just totally craps out and if you even manage to get the ball to the running back there is hardly ever any space.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:50 am

joshyboy72 wrote:
whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:I just found out about the skill games, very fun and cool addition. (I am probably the last to find this out, but just in case you havent :-) )

I can't remember ever being able to run screens successfully in Madden, at with least their specific "screen" plays. It's like the offensive line just totally craps out and if you even manage to get the ball to the running back there is hardly ever any space.

A few years back I used to use screens all the time, I believe it was '04, basically had about a 3500 yard season from my RB :-b
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games