Official Madden 08 Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Official Madden 08 Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Madden 08 Thread

Postby sox 06 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:18 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:
whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:I just found out about the skill games, very fun and cool addition. (I am probably the last to find this out, but just in case you havent :-) )

Also how the #$# do you run screes. EVERYTIME, the dline gets to me before the RB opens up. This is on all pro.

I can't remember ever being able to run screens successfully in Madden, at with least their specific "screen" plays. It's like the offensive line just totally craps out and if you even manage to get the ball to the running back there is hardly ever any space.

A few years back I used to use screens all the time, I believe it was '04, basically had about a 3500 yard season from my RB :-b

I think back in '04 or possibly '05 screens were the only plays I ever ran :-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:32 am

whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:I just found out about the skill games, very fun and cool addition. (I am probably the last to find this out, but just in case you havent :-) )

Also how the #$# do you run screes. EVERYTIME, the dline gets to me before the RB opens up. This is on all pro.

Use them on blitzing downs and wait for the defense to get in your backfield and just tap the button to lob the pass over the D to your RB and he should be golden. If the D isn't getting enough penetration I usually don't even bother dumping it off to him, usually screen plays have receiver options as well that i go to if that happens.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:31 pm

btw does this work for anybody else? If you are the home team, press X nonstop on the coin toss. You'll win the toss.
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:40 pm

whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:btw does this work for anybody else? If you are the home team, press X nonstop on the coin toss. You'll win the toss.

Never tried it, I'll try it next time I play.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:25 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:
whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:btw does this work for anybody else? If you are the home team, press X nonstop on the coin toss. You'll win the toss.

Never tried it, I'll try it next time I play.

Psh, Tails never fails. They don't play the playstation like us :-B
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:21 pm

Is this worth getting if I have 07?
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:31 pm

I think I've finally gotten the Online Play on the Wii to work consistently. My EASports persona is ballin999 so if anyone wants to set up a online game on the Wii send me a PM or add me as a friend or whatever you have to do.

I've been playing as the Pats and kicking some ass ;-D A lotta defense, and a lotta ball control offense. Having a little trouble passing but my last two games were against the Steelers and Chargers so maybe that was just good defense.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby juniorvarsity33 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:49 am

I suck...

But, I did buy a 42" LCD this weekend (from my conventional 32" tv) and now I can SEE my outside receivers are double covered and not have to GUESS!!! And, now all the picks I throw are in HIGH DEF! j/k... somebody hit me up if you want some real sim action... gamertag is same as here...

YAYYYYY ME! ;-D
juniorvarsity33
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:28 pm

anyone else having trouble with the 90 yard run and pass Achievement? that one's tough.

And all things considered (glitches and what not) I enjoy it, even though I haven't played it much the last few weeks...Halo 3.

BTW if you guys wanna set up a game (you'll probably kill me as I haven't been playing much) my Gamertag is FFGuru13.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SniperShot » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:16 pm

Hey I went to pit a CPU Vs. CPU today and I couldn't figure out how to get it to the cinematic camera angle that my older Madden always went to. By cinematic angle I mean like you're watching the game on TV or something instead of from the Madden angle as if you're playing. I'm using the PC version. I have no idea why they would remove that camera angle and if they did that blows because I used to love watching some action from TV like angles from time to time. Am I just missing something or did they remove that camera angle... If so, WHY?!

Madden games could be so much better...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games