Official Madden 08 Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Official Madden 08 Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sox 06 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:38 pm

confused_jake wrote:
confused_jake wrote:No madden on regular xbox this year :-o :-t . but i can still get ncaa football 08 so ill live till i get a 360.

Ok well i looked at 2 different sources and both said that Madden 08 WILL be on regular xbox, but they also say these decisions aret not final and may change.

Here is an article that says it will be on 360, Xbox, PS3 and PS2.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sox 06 » Mon May 21, 2007 3:04 pm

Here are some new screens of '08 for 360.

Here is a video too.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Re: Official Madden 08 Thread

Postby steelerfan04 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:21 pm

Any idea on what the new features will be in Madden this year? Hopefully it's better than last year's update, not a whole lot was different and the one "major" change (controlling your own blockers) just got annoying quickly.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:27 am

steelerfan04 wrote:Any idea on what the new features will be in Madden this year? Hopefully it's better than last year's update, not a whole lot was different and the one "major" change (controlling your own blockers) just got annoying quickly.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/784/784281p1.html

That should cover nearly anything you need to know. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan04 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:29 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
steelerfan04 wrote:Any idea on what the new features will be in Madden this year? Hopefully it's better than last year's update, not a whole lot was different and the one "major" change (controlling your own blockers) just got annoying quickly.

Thanks for the link, actually looks pretty good this year. Props for the guys at EA for fixing the little things rather than making one big addition.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:50 am

steelerfan04 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Thanks for the link, actually looks pretty good this year. Props for the guys at EA for fixing the little things rather than making one big addition.

If you search Google, you will find more stuff too. IGN has another article I think. Gamestop has one I think and several others. ;-D

But yeah, it sounds like they went for perfection more in this one than just putting in a big feature for a "hook" to buy the game. After they get the next-gen gameplay engine down with this one, they can go back to finding new features.

Something that article didn't mention, but I read somewhere was that they were going to tweak the Superstar so it was more realistic (getting to skip to plays that you are in only, having to control YOUR player in practice so you can't get easy points, etc.) they also said that they were planning on making it so you were playing your player from his perspective (ie. if you were a CB, you would be looking at the WR when the play started). hopefully that stuff gets finished and it works as good as it sounds. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:26 pm

I hope they do change the Superstar mode in '08. I was hooked on the Superstar mode in '06 on my PS2 but I refused to use it in '07 on my 360.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby terpfan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:56 pm

I'm starting to get kind of excited about this again. The previews Ive read actually look pretty good.

If we can get fantasy drafts, in depth editing, accurate rosters, and gang tackling (WILL be in the game!!) I will be pretty happy.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:29 pm

terpfan wrote:I'm starting to get kind of excited about this again. The previews Ive read actually look pretty good.

If we can get fantasy drafts, in depth editing, accurate rosters, and gang tackling (WILL be in the game!!) I will be pretty happy.

Yeah, I have seen NOTHING that makes me be wary of this year's version. Looks incredibly better in gameplay and the franchise/superstar. I am getting excited too. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby terpfan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:03 pm

terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games