Official Madden 08 Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Official Madden 08 Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Madden 08 Thread

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:57 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
terpfan wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:hey terp or anyone on 360, let me know if I'm just looking in the wrong place or something, but in Franchise mode I can't find anywhere to trade players/draft picks and it's kind of bumming me out. I'm just hoping I'm looking in the wrong place :-/

Also, one thing I don't like is where's the chain gang? I loved trying to reach the first down on the sideline and making them dodge me :-b :-/

Trading is there, I'm pretty sure it's under rosters.

It's funny how sometimes the CPU decides you just arent allowed to win. I just played a game where the computer cheated so much it was hilarious. The CBs were jumping in front of everything and the RB broke every tackle.

The major reason for the all the picks, I've decided, is that the CPU DBs break on the ball the SECOND it comes out of your hand. Obviously unrealistic, and gives DBs who arent covering the guy you are throwing to like two or three extra seconds. Annoying as hell.

So I am assuming either pump fakes don't work either or you don't have enough time to do that?

I wouldnt know, I hardly ever have time to try that.

Oh and remember when your OLs used to get so many "pancakes" and like 4 or 5 of them would go to the pro bowl? I just finished a season where my leader in pancakes was my fullback, with 16. The average for an OL around the league was like 30-50.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kyguy78 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:45 pm

I haven't bought Madden the last three years. I've rented it every year and a week is about all I need. The gameplay hasn't really changed. They can give me all the trucksticks and icons they want, but the basic gameplay of the game feels way too arcade-ish for me. The NCAA games have far surpassed Madden the last few years in my opinion.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:18 am

Something else I noticed being a trend... QBs (at least the computer controlled ones) are annoyingly accurate throwing off their back foot. I'm constantly getting pressure on some of these guys only to have them zipping passes through my defense while backpedalling. Of course the two most recent times Ive noticed this I was playing Pennington and Bulger, both who have the "accurate QB" weapon, so maybe its just a result of that. Hopefully...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:22 am

terpfan wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:hey terp or anyone on 360, let me know if I'm just looking in the wrong place or something, but in Franchise mode I can't find anywhere to trade players/draft picks and it's kind of bumming me out. I'm just hoping I'm looking in the wrong place :-/

Also, one thing I don't like is where's the chain gang? I loved trying to reach the first down on the sideline and making them dodge me :-b :-/

It's funny how sometimes the CPU decides you just arent allowed to win. I just played a game where the computer cheated so much it was hilarious. The CBs were jumping in front of everything and the RB broke every tackle.

The major reason for the all the picks, I've decided, is that the CPU DBs break on the ball the SECOND it comes out of your hand. Obviously unrealistic, and gives DBs who arent covering the guy you are throwing to like two or three extra seconds. Annoying as hell.

Yeah I'm an idiot, forgot there's this thing called the trade deadline !+)

I was just playing superstar mode last night against the Bengals, they won 58-7, had 9 picks, and 6 of them went for TDs, and I wasn't even playing quarterback...
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:34 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
terpfan wrote:

Yeah I'm an idiot, forgot there's this thing called the trade deadline !+)

I was just playing superstar mode last night against the Bengals, they won 58-7, had 9 picks, and 6 of them went for TDs, and I wasn't even playing quarterback...

I hate that it counts a loss in Superstar Mode as a loss on your profile. Most of the game is CPU vs. CPU, so why should you be penalized for the CPU being stupid on your team?
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:56 pm

I just got Madden 08 for XBOX 360 and I'm still learning the controls....man, Peterson is a BEAST in that game. Anyways....I just tried to do something that I sometimes do and that is have a exhibition game between 2 CPU's because I LOVE to watch the CPU play because I think it's quite entertaining. Is it my imagination or can't I do that anymore? ....you can't have two CPUs play each other? ....why?
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sox 06 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:02 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:I just got Madden 08 for XBOX 360 and I'm still learning the controls....man, Peterson is a BEAST in that game. Anyways....I just tried to do something that I sometimes do and that is have a exhibition game between 2 CPU's because I LOVE to watch the CPU play because I think it's quite entertaining. Is it my imagination or can't I do that anymore? ....you can't have two CPUs play each other? ....why?

I don't think you could do that in last season's edition either. I don't know why though.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:57 pm

PS2

Anybody play it on the ps2? I'm disappointed with the game, my expectations were real high. Ive been playing on allpro and I cant run for crap, and fantasy mode is horrible. You can ony make trades if both players are the same position. WTF!!! When you look at a players skills, it only shows "Overall" and "Value", no speed, no potential, etc. Oh, and you cant draft individual LB,OL,DB,DL's only draft team's (Redskins DB, Bears DB, etc.) Im going back to madden 05 after 5day rental is over.
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:37 am

Ok my bad I feel like an Idiot I just realized there was a franchize mode and I was playing on fantasy challenge :*)
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby thebigsmooth » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:12 am

For the 360:

How do you make the Defender Straffe? Back up while facing the Line of Scrimmage.
Also any helpful hints for playing better defense? Especially at DB?

Thanks
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games