guitar hero II ...360 style - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

guitar hero II ...360 style

Moderator: Football Moderators

guitar hero II ...360 style

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:46 pm

has anyone besides myself had the pleasure of playing this awesome game? i had never tried it before this version came out...and man...im already addicted. i have dreams of playing songs and my fingers hurt from playing for hours on end. i even went and bought a second guitar so my woman could play with/against me.

if anyone else has played this game, how far have you got? im working on beating the last set of songs on the medium difficulty right now.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cards24 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:16 pm

LOL, I wasnt going to admit to it, but I bought off on the HYPE!!!... I had never played GHI, in fact the entire game concept sounded stupid, However you are right this game is HIGHLY Addictive and FUN!!!.

It is by far the perfect party game. Even if your guests are not into video games this will sure start a line of people wanting to take a chance at it ;) (trust me I lived it!, I had a poker game at my house that turned into a GH tourney after I made the mistake to fire it up for the guys that got elliminated!)
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby citybirds27 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:59 pm

Here's what my friend said when a bunch of us were talking about the game:
As an actual guitar player I don't like this game at all. I would much rather play a real guitar then play this... I hate when my cousins (same age) brag about being good on this good when in real life they could't do anything. Theres like 3 buttons that you press and a little string thing that you pluck.. Nothing like real life at all.

He has the same feelings towards Wii tennis. But on that I have to disagree because you don't always have someone to play tennis and go to a court everyday. But I sorta agree with the guitar thing.
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:12 pm

ive been playing guitar for about the last 10 years or so, and it doesnt bother me at all...its just a game. i dont play call of duty and brag about being an expert sniper because im good at the game...or think i can scale mountains because i beat tomb raider...or think i can be in the NFL because i beat a season on all madden. just play and have fun....thats what games are for :-B

im guesing you havent tried the game, and im hoping you arent avoiding it because of things people say. while its not the same as guitar playing, some of the mechanics are the same... basic things as finger movements, coordination between hands and rythym, and the use of the whammy is fairly accurate. i can honestly say im a pretty decent guitar player, but expert level on guitar hero is way too much for me to handle. its just a different sort of thing really.

so i send you and your friends a challenge to play this bad boy....set it to expert or even hard....and come back and let me know how it went :-b ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:59 pm

I got this game for my birthday a couple days ago, and it is definitely fun. I gotta say though, its tough! It's not too bad on easy, but even medium difficulty is no picnic! It is addicting though...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: guitar hero II ...360 style

Postby fantasybeast27 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:40 am

deluxe_247 wrote:has anyone besides myself had the pleasure of playing this awesome game? i had never tried it before this version came out...and man...im already addicted. i have dreams of playing songs and my fingers hurt from playing for hours on end. i even went and bought a second guitar so my woman could play with/against me.

if anyone else has played this game, how far have you got? im working on beating the last set of songs on the medium difficulty right now.

I have it and right now I am on the last 2 sets on Hard and I can play some songs on Expert. But it is a great game and fun.
fantasybeast27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:37 pm

I've played it on the ps2, but don't have it for my 360 yet, but I can do basically all the songs on hard and some of the songs on expert, awesome game. ;-D ;-D ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby bagobonez » Tue May 08, 2007 10:22 pm

Guitar Hero 1... beat every song on every difficulty except for the last 3 on expert. I think I could have eventually finished those if it had the "practice" mode like GH2 does.

I'm currently half way through expert mode on GH2, and the songs are starting to get pretty dang hard. I have to use star power to save my butt during most of the solos.

Anyone played "carry me home" by The Living End on Guitar Hero 2 on either hard or expert difficulty? RIDICULOUS.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed May 09, 2007 12:56 pm

wow some of you guys must be pretty good. im finally getting to the hard songs, but im just on my second set...having trouble with the speed of some of the rolls :-o .

expert seems impossible, but i used to think that about medium too, so im sure it just takes a lot of practice. now im trying to 5 star all the mediums....have about 7 songs to go ;-D :-B my hands cramp up on those really long fast songs :-b :*)

so have any of you guys beat jordan on expert?
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby terpfan » Wed May 09, 2007 2:51 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:wow some of you guys must be pretty good. im finally getting to the hard songs, but im just on my second set...having trouble with the speed of some of the rolls :-o .

expert seems impossible, but i used to think that about medium too, so im sure it just takes a lot of practice. now im trying to 5 star all the mediums....have about 7 songs to go ;-D :-B my hands cramp up on those really long fast songs :-b :*)

so have any of you guys beat jordan on expert?

Yeah I just beat all the mediums with 5 stars. Im struggling through hard now. Taking a break until finals are over though... :-o
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Video Games