guitar hero II ...360 style - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

guitar hero II ...360 style

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: guitar hero II ...360 style

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:27 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I finally picked this game up and man....this game is AWESOME.

Hopefully I'll get better because some of the scores you guys are posting just seem so out of reach, heh.

How many sets are there in this thing? I'm worried that I'm gonna blow through all the songs in one night (all the songs you buy extra look crappy)? I'm on the 4th set currently.

There's 8 sets with 6 songs each and then a whole bunch of extra ones. I didn't recognize many of the extra ones because it's a lot of smaller bands, but some of them are pretty good. There's also 9 songs available for download. It's not really worth the money that it costs for the Microsoft Marketplace Points, but I bought them anyways.

Also I thought Hard and Expert looked impossible at the beginning too, but trust me pretty soon you'll be amazed at how easy Medium is.

As for me, I'm on the last section on Expert. I beat 2 of the songs already so there's 4 left.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:05 pm

Wow...as hyped as I was about this game after day 1 I've soured on it almost as much after day 3. The game is really only fun when it's a song you recognize and like, and they did a great job of stuffing the first 3 sets full of those songs. After that though, I can't say there was another song that I wanted to play all the way up until Free Bird, which is the last song. I kept reluctantly going through the sets hoping the next set it opened up would be great, but it just kept being a bunch of songs I'd never heard of or hate. None of the songs you can buy or download look any good either.

Oh well, maybe by the time we get to Guitar Hero 5 or 6 we can have a whole lot more than 48 songs, including old-school favorites as well as some modern stuff (which is really what they should be releasing on the marketplace - how cool would it be to hear a new hit song on the radio and then find it for download for GH2 a few weeks later?).

Also what gives with the achievements? Generally in games where achievements are based on difficulty settings if you beat a higher one it cascades down, and you get all the lower difficulty achievements as well. Meaning when you beat Gears of War on Hardcore it gives you the achievement for beating it on hardcore, and the achievement for beating it on casual so you don't have to go back and play at a lower difficulty setting (which would be backwards). In GH if you beat the game on Hard, you still have to go back and play through all the songs on easy and medium (which is boring after beating them all on a higher difficulty) to get those achievements.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eagles21 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:58 pm

^^^^^^ I agree Bagel. I still really enjoy the game anyway, but it it WAY MORE fun when your playing the guitar to your favorite songs.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:18 am

I have 3 songs left on expert. "Hangar 18" is killing me right now. The outro solo is ridiculous. :-[
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:54 pm

i cant get past psychobilly freakout on hard. you guys that are beating this on expert are crazy good. i think ive beaten 3 songs on expert...in the first set. and when i say "beaten" i mean 3 starred.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:06 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i cant get past psychobilly freakout on hard. you guys that are beating this on expert are crazy good. i think ive beaten 3 songs on expert...in the first set. and when i say "beaten" i mean 3 starred.

Yeah, I was watching this one guy on youtube playing psychobilly freakout on expert, and I can honestly say I would never be able to do that, no matter how much I played. I just finished getting 5 stars on all of the medium songs, and now I'm trying to get through hard. I'm stuck on "woman" though. :-[
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:24 pm

eagles21 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:i cant get past psychobilly freakout on hard. you guys that are beating this on expert are crazy good. i think ive beaten 3 songs on expert...in the first set. and when i say "beaten" i mean 3 starred.

Yeah, I was watching this one guy on youtube playing psychobilly freakout on expert, and I can honestly say I would never be able to do that, no matter how much I played. I just finished getting 5 stars on all of the medium songs, and now I'm trying to get through hard. I'm stuck on "woman" though. :-[

woman gave me a lot of problems on hard. another hard one that gave me some trouble was freya. the part where it rolls from green- yellow- blue over and over then switches to a backwards roll of orange- blue- yellow kicked my a$$.

i still havent 5 starred all the medium songs..i think i only have 4 on pychobilly freakout and a couple of others. i hit almost all the notes, but ill break my multiplier on the fast sections and it kills my star score. :~(

BTW..i think my new fav song to pay is the bonus song called "six". never heard it before, but it has just about everything in it...its just fun. i also think its the hardest song to play on easy...pretty crazy compared to the other songs.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:07 pm

don't beat yourself up over not being able to beat psychobilly freakout, it's stupid hard, even with alot of practice.

I've got 5 stars on all the songs on medium and have 5 stars on all the songs on hard up through like the 6th set, I haven't tried psychobilly freakout on hard yet though, so I'm sure it'll be crazy, just messing around today I tried it on expert and it was just...unfair. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:36 am

I played this game once at Best Buy and bought it. It's really fun, but I have to agree after the first few sets it's annoying that I don't really know any of the songs. Still fun though. I beat medium, not with 5 stars yet though. I'm working on hard and only have 3 done in expert, I'm still pretty bad.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:54 am

I see the PS2 is getting another GH game already with that 80's encore game, are there any plans of something like this for the 360?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games