Halo1 and 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Halo1 and 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Halo1 and 2

Postby m16a » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:27 pm

Any halo players here? Strategies? online names? etc etc.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 48)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:17 pm

i used be a big halo 2 player on xbox, but i had a modded system so i couldnt play multi on live....played on xbox-connect. loved the game. i think i beat the campaign 3 or 4 different times. havent played in about a year now...just waiting for H3. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:56 pm

I was a big playstation guy until last November when I got a 360. So, I have never played either of them. I will probably get Halo 3 when it comes out, since people say how great Halo 2 is.

I only play Call of Duty 3 online. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:58 pm

I was a PS2 player up until November when I bought a 360. I bought Halo and Halo 2 used soon after and am working through the first one now. I've been playing many other games so I'm not too far into it yet. I want to finish both before Halo 3 comes out.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:59 pm

halo 1 <<<< halo 2

and hey eagles...im a huge COD3 online player, though i slowed down since i got the 8K ranked points achievement a couple of months ago.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:01 pm

I played Halo One constantly from release till Halo 2 release and I still play some Halo 2 (well hadn't for awhile, but with the new map release and the ranks being reset soon I needed to get back in), you can send me a friend request at DarK39 if you would like, also if you have any questions about anything ask away, I know the game inside and out. (multiplayer only, single player I didn't venture too far into in Halo 2, unlike Halo One.)
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:34 pm

I know I'm in the super minority here but Gears > Halo IMHO.

In all honesty, I'd rank Halo pretty low on the FPS list having played a lot of PC games myself, and nowhere near the top of the console FPS's like Goldeneye and Gears. I'm actually dreading the Halo 3 release because it'll just mean less people playing Gears, and I doubt I'll enjoy H3 nearly as much..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby confused_jake » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:39 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:halo 1 <<<< halo 2

and hey eagles...im a huge COD3 online player, though i slowed down since i got the 8K ranked points achievement a couple of months ago.

I have to disagree with you there, i think halo 1 was soo much better than halo 2. then again, i didnt really enjoy halo 2 because i dont have live :-t i was OBSESSED with halo 1 lol. every weekend me and my friends would have system link parties. yeah not the coolest thing in the world but fun as hell. halo 2 just didnt feel the same for me. multi-player with my friends was fun, just not the same as halo 1.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:50 pm

2 New Halo 2 maps came out today.

On another note, I did the whole system link thing with Halo One as well and was obsessed from start to finish, but the thing that really keeps people with Halo 2 with Live is the fact they can play with such a diverse group of people, whether it be friends from school, neighborhood, people they used to be on a team or used to live near, and of course all the cool people you meet, and not to mention because of the intense competition the game is always evolving and your always seeing new things.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby aldridg6in » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:34 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I know I'm in the super minority here but Gears > Halo IMHO.

In all honesty, I'd rank Halo pretty low on the FPS list having played a lot of PC games myself, and nowhere near the top of the console FPS's like Goldeneye and Gears. I'm actually dreading the Halo 3 release because it'll just mean less people playing Gears, and I doubt I'll enjoy H3 nearly as much..

I guess I'm in that minority with you. I thing Gears is a much better game. With other people, I'd rather play Goldeneye as well.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Video Games