Mafia V: Secret Alliance (SIGN UP THREAD) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mafia V: Secret Alliance (SIGN UP THREAD)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mafia V: Secret Alliance (SIGN UP THREAD)

Postby danleroi22 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:27 am

Mafia V: Secret Alliance

A group of Freemasons have begun an alliance with each other in the small town of Haven. Their goal is to protect the town at all costs, while keeping their identities a secret. Meanwhile, a Mafia Boss and his two associates have begun a series of attacks upon the citizens. An unknown protector of the people has stepped forward at night, keeping careful watch for the Mafia. Add an inspector and ISK in the middle, and the town of Haven certainly becomes a town crawling with insanity.

Players:

2 Mafia
1 Mafia Boss
1 Insane Serial Killer
3 Free Masons
1 Guardian
1 Inspector
10 Citizens (Townspeople)

19 total participants

Mafia V will begin a day or so after the conclusion of Mafia IV.

RULES

Basic Gameplay
Mafia V: Secret Alliance bring to life the battle between a secret alliance of citizens and a group of mafia. The goal of all "teams" is to eliminate the others, through whatever means are at their disposal.

NOTE: Mafia members will know each other. Freemasons will know each other. Everybody else is left in the dark... sorry.

Roles
Roles are assigned by the Moderator. The following are the available roles:

Mafia Associates- These are two of the standard bad guys. They know who each other are but not who the Mafia Boss is. They are basically told who the three mafia members are, but none of the three will be sure who is the Mafia Boss. They work together with the Boss to kill 1 player per night.

Mafia Boss- The ultimate leader of the Bad Guys. He works together with the Mafia to choose one person per night to kill. Thankfully, they do not exactly know who he is. In addition, he gets one investigation per night, which he may (or may not) share with his team. If he shares, he gives away his identity... which will hurt him later in the game.

Freemasons- A group of tightly knit individuals who's goal is to rid Haven of killers through various means. Each night they kidnap one person. They are told the identities of that person, and that person is told one (randomly selected) of their identities. They then have the option to arrest that player and remove them from the game. If they choose this option however, the mason's identity (who they orginally learned about) is revealed to the entire town. If they let the person go, they continue in the game with their new information.

Resident- These are just regular people of the town. They have nothing special about them. They are here to lynch and/or die.

Insane Serial Killer- He works independant of all other bad guys in the game. At night the he gets 1 kill. In addition, due to his gruesome nature of killing, he can only make three kills during the game, so he must choose when to make his kills.

Inspector- The law enforcement official of the town of Haven. The inspector has the option of making one arrest per night.

Guardian- The Guardian is a special protector who is the intercessor of Haven. At night, his actions preceed all others. He has the option to choose one player per night, and if that character is kidnapped, killed, or arrested, he intercedes and prevents the action from taking place.

Night
Night begins after a player is killed (by lynching or "Act of God") and lasts until the moderator posts that day has started. There will be no voting allowed during the night.

Day
At the beginning of the Day, the Moderator announces the victims and/or identities that need to be revealed. This will appear in the Haven Chronicle (Recap). These players are "dead" and may no longer participate in the game in any way.

During the daytime phase, the Residents deliberate over which suspected Mafia member or ISK they wish to nominate for lynching. At any time any player may post a vote for which player he/she feels should be lynched. For someone to be lynched, a majority vote (more than 50%) needs to be reached. Once someone is lynched, please PM the moderator.

NOTE: If no player has been lynched by 11 P.M. EST on any game day then the "Act of God" Rule will be instituted and the game will progress.

"Act of God"
If no player has been lynched by the cutoff time on any game day then the player who presently has the most votes will die "accidentally" (lightning strike, ocelot attack, etc.). If two or more players are tied for the most votes the "victim" will be chosen randomly from the tied players.

If a player neglects to post at all in the Mafia thread during a real-life day, that player will be automatically removed via the Act of God rule... Innactivity will not be tolerated.

Game Day Progression

Day
Haven Chronicle (Recap)
Voting and Discussion
Lynching or "Act of God"

Night
Guardian Chooses Who to Protect
Freemasons Kidnap
Mafia Kill
ISK Kill
Mafia Boss Investigation/Inspector Makes Arrest

How To Win
The game ends when:

1.) the last Mafia member, and ISK have been killed/lynched/arrested (Resident, Guardian, Inspector and Freemasons victory)

2.) All non-Mafia players have been killed, while the Mafia Boss is still alive. (Mafia Boss victory)

3.) All non-Mafia players have been killed, while the Mafia Boss is dead. (Mafia Associates victory)

4.) The ISK and three players (from any faction) remain. (ISK victory)

Additional Rules
1. The moderator's ruling is final. If you think that a decision is unfair, feel free to post why you think so after the game is over. Moderators can always use constructive criticism. Do not, however, be nasty about it.

2. While posting in Game Day threads is permitted during the "Night" portion, voting is not.

3. Do not post anything game-related (even "I suspect him!") once you are dead. In particular, if day has just started, make sure that you haven't died before revealing information you just received at night.

4. Please vote in this syntax (including the bold):
Vote: member name

To change a vote:
Unvote: member name
New vote: member name

5. Never show PMs from the moderator to anyone in the game. Quoting your PM to prove your innocence is strictly forbidden.

6. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the mafia or yakuza groups.

7. Do not sign up for a game under two different names. You will get caught, and possibly carded if I am feeling mean. (Ok, maybe not, but moderators are unlikely to let you play again.)

8. Do NOT edit posts - if you say something you didn't mean to, that's your mistake. Make 2 posts if you forget something, don't edit the 1st one.

9. the Moderator will occasionally post vote tallies. Once a majority vote is achieved, voting stops and votes cannot be changed. PM the moderator whenever a majority vote is reached.

10. If the ISK is lynched (Note: not arrested or kidnapped) he is still entitled to a Kill that night. (The murder took place just before the lynching, but the body was not discovered until later)

11.) The Haven Chronicle Reports and the new day's thread will be posted the night before whenever possible. (i.e. Monday's thread will be posted late Sunday Night, etc.) However, please do not cast votes in these threads until 8 AM EST. Posting in the thread is acceptable.
EXAMPLE: The "intro" and Day 1 Thread will be posted late Sunday evening, but voting should not begin until 8 AM EST on Monday Morning.

New Rules

The Inspector

The Inspector, at the end of each game "day", will only have One Option... which he may or may not (his choice) take advantage of.

-Make an Arrest: The Inspector may Arrest a Player and take them into custody by notifying the moderator via PM. Arrested players are removed from the game unless protected by the Guardian.

The Guardian

The Guardian, at the end of each game "day", will have One Option... which he must utilize

-Protection: He PMs the Moderator with the name of a player who he wants to protect from being killed or arrested during the night. His proctetion overrides all other actions during the night.

The Mafia Boss

Put simply, there will be three mafia, and only the Mafia will know who the Mafia Boss is. In this case, the Mafia can't really even trust each other. The goal here is for the Associates to figure out who the Boss is, and eliminate him by both choosing him as their kill. All kills by the mafia will be voted on individually by PMing the moderator during the night (each mafia member, including the Boss, gets one vote).

The Boss then, at the end of each game "day", will have One Option... which he may or may not (his choice) utilize.

-Investigation: He PMs the moderator requesting information about any one player in the game. The mod will then PM him back telling him what the player is not. (I.E. Player 1 is not a Freemason.)

Freemasons

The Freemasons talk with each other and come to a concensus on who they want to kidnap. They then PM the moderator (just designate someone to represent you in PMs... as long as he is living), and tell the mod who they want to kidnap. The mod will then reply notifying them the identity of the kidnapped player. They then have the option of arresting that player (removing them from play) or not.

If they choose to arrest the player and remove him from play, one of the Freemasons identities (selected randomly) will be revealed to the town (and likely promptly killed the next night }:-) )

If the player is released back into the game, the moderator will PM the kidnapped player and reveal the identities (randomly) of one of the Freemasons to that player only.

danleroi22 is the moderator for Mafia V: Secret Alliance

1. treat24
2. Karoz
3. BGbootha
4. beanoX3
5. Leber
6. RWLongy4
7. Twisted Sister
8. A Fleshner Fantasy
9. m16a
10. eagles21
11. steelerfan513
12. wake
13. Azrael
14. Popcynical
15. Vitalogist
16. lmcjaho
17. moonhead
18. J35J
19. whodey #9

ALT:
ALT:
Last edited by danleroi22 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:58 am, edited 9 times in total.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:30 am

of course i'm in
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:35 am

in
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:38 am

;-D
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:39 am

I think the Mafia should be an irish mafia this time, never any love for them doods
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:49 am

IN. ;-D

Screw the Irish mafia. They got the spotlight recently with The Departed. Should use the Russian mob. Crazy mofos and lead by ex-KGB half the time.
:-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:55 am

Aren't you supposed to be in the middle of running the KBB? I thought you didn't have time to run that? Now this? :-?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:31 am

knapplc wrote:Aren't you supposed to be in the middle of running the KBB? I thought you didn't have time to run that? Now this? :-?

PM.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Leber » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:32 am

Sounds Fun. ;-D In.
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:10 pm

I like that people keep switching up the roles, makes it new and exciting every time. I'd be glad to play ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk