Virginia Tech Tragedy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Virginia Tech Tragedy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:01 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Wow. That is an amazing story about that professor. Hard to believe one man endured all that, to go so tragically.

How he died is tragic. Why he died certainly isn't. 8-o

Absolutely. You appear to be taking what I said the wrong way. No idea why it would be twisted around. He was a brave man, been through a lot, and should be commended for what he did.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:10 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Wow. That is an amazing story about that professor. Hard to believe one man endured all that, to go so tragically.

How he died is tragic. Why he died certainly isn't. 8-o

Absolutely. You appear to be taking what I said the wrong way. No idea why it would be twisted around. He was a brave man, been through a lot, and should be commended for what he did.

No, I shouldn't have used an emoticon. I didn't misinterpret, I was just elaborating, which I do too often I think. I just appreciate when a heroic act is awarded, like I'm sure you and most others do as well, instead of focusing on the terrible things that caused it.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:22 pm

Today was very awkward in school. Our Biology teacher, who is a very strange guy, his son and daughter in-law attended VT 3 years ago. He was talking with us about it, and then he started getting teary eyes because he was worried if that took place 3 years ago, his son would have been dead from the shooting. This event was just awful, god awful.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:24 pm

Yeah our school talk about it A LOT today, considering we are less than a mile from a college campus, and we went through all the emergency drills procedures with every class and had a fire drill 4th period. Not sure why fire...maybe cause we had a 'disaster drill' a week ago. But either way it was a strange, like my English teacher was talking about how like...it would be very easy for her class to get..like...blown up (cause were in like a seperate building from the main school, like right outside it) and how shes scared whenever she has confrontations with students cause she doesn't know what there capable of. Like she used to teach in Urban areas I guess and like nothing too bad happened but she would always get chairs thrown at her and what not, Shes a great teacher, young energetic very enthusiastic and creative about what she does, and hearing her talk about how she thinks shes at risk and we all our just for being around her possibly. But then we talked about poetry...except we talked about a poem that was all about what if it was your last day on earth....and would you be remember and stuff like that...it was an eerily depressing period of school.

Our health teacher also talked to us about how people shouldn't blame VT, the college in our town probably wouldn't have been able to handle it any better, it being the worst mass murder in U.S. history I've been told.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby SkinSFan22 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:05 pm

Ok so check out what's happening in my school. Yesterday and today rumors have been flying about stating that an ex-student (who got expelled I think) is going to come back to my school on Friday and start shooting. Everyone's been talking about it, and even the principal went on the PA today and talked about security, being part of the community, etc - pretty much the same thing after the VT tragedy. Also today, a sophomore was suspended because a knife was found in his backpack during class. I've also heard/talked to people that are saying they won't be going to go to school Friday, although I think they're using it as a reason to miss school. So yeah, I don't know what's going on anymore, but it's a tough time to be a student/teacher in school during this period of time.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby niblet » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:21 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Yeah our school talk about it A LOT today, considering we are less than a mile from a college campus, and we went through all the emergency drills procedures with every class and had a fire drill 4th period. Not sure why fire...maybe cause we had a 'disaster drill' a week ago. But either way it was a strange, like my English teacher was talking about how like...it would be very easy for her class to get..like...blown up (cause were in like a seperate building from the main school, like right outside it) and how shes scared whenever she has confrontations with students cause she doesn't know what there capable of. Like she used to teach in Urban areas I guess and like nothing too bad happened but she would always get chairs thrown at her and what not, Shes a great teacher, young energetic very enthusiastic and creative about what she does, and hearing her talk about how she thinks shes at risk and we all our just for being around her possibly. But then we talked about poetry...except we talked about a poem that was all about what if it was your last day on earth....and would you be remember and stuff like that...it was an eerily depressing period of school.

Our health teacher also talked to us about how people shouldn't blame VT, the college in our town probably wouldn't have been able to handle it any better, it being the worst mass murder in U.S. history I've been told.

Worst mass shooting. 9/11 takes the cake in the category of worst mass murder.
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SniperShot » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:37 pm

So now we know what Cho did between the two shootings. He mailed a package to NBC news. I watched the video he shot between the shootings.

Cho:Gunman wrote:Thanks to you, I die like Jesus Christ. To inspire generations of the weak and defenseless people.
When the time came I did it, I had to

8-o 8-o X-I

The last part must have came in his car literally seconds before he went into Norris Hall.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:37 pm

Just watched the evening news and saw the photos and video the shooter sent to the media - what a sick, twisted f*** and what a total waste of flesh. Thankfully he didn't survive, so he can never hurt anyone again (or enjoy his infamy as I'm sure he would have).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby aldridg6in » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:55 pm

stomperrob wrote:Just watched the evening news and saw the photos and video the shooter sent to the media - what a sick, twisted f*** and what a total waste of flesh. Thankfully he didn't survive, so he can never hurt anyone again (or enjoy his infamy as I'm sure he would have).

I've seen this on the news as well. What's scary is that there are parts we may never see. What they've shown is twisted enough...it's hard to imagine what they've deemed to be unsuitable for the air.

In our local paper yesterday there was a story about a kid from our town who lived in the dorm where the first shooting occurred. Talk about a scary situation...he was there when it took place.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby stomperrob » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:19 pm

aldridg6in wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Just watched the evening news and saw the photos and video the shooter sent to the media - what a sick, twisted f*** and what a total waste of flesh. Thankfully he didn't survive, so he can never hurt anyone again (or enjoy his infamy as I'm sure he would have).

I've seen this on the news as well. What's scary is that there are parts we may never see. What they've shown is twisted enough...it's hard to imagine what they've deemed to be unsuitable for the air.

In our local paper yesterday there was a story about a kid from our town who lived in the dorm where the first shooting occurred. Talk about a scary situation...he was there when it took place.

As it stated in our local paper here yesterday, for all the students at VT, their world has forever changed and it will never be the same - and that's sad. :,-(
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk