Return to General Talk

Virginia Tech Tragedy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby lt89 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:40 am

Mugrila wrote:
lt89 wrote:
State quashed bill allowing handguns on campuses
College spokesman celebrated 2006 defeat because it would help make campus safe

More than one year before today's unprecedented shooting rampage at Virginia Tech, the state's General Assembly quashed a bill that would have given qualified college students and employees the right to carry handguns on campus.

At the time, Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker said he was happy to hear of the bill's defeat, according to the Roanoke Times.

"I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus," the Virginia Tech spokesman said.

At least they felt safe. Great call there Virginia.

I don't even know how to respond to this...

Then don't. No need to make a worthless post.
lt89
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:03 am

lt89 wrote:
Mugrila wrote:

looks like youve already made 21 of them, why cant he join in?
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:39 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
lt89 wrote:
Mugrila wrote:

lol! pwned!
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby lt89 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:12 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
lt89 wrote:
Mugrila wrote:

Better than 12,744 pathetic posts.
lt89
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:16 am

What's pathetic is turning this thread into ridiculous fight. :-t
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby APAP » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:08 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:What's pathetic is turning this thread into ridiculous fight. :-t

Agreed, lt theres NO need for that, comes off as pretty selfish.
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:10 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:What's pathetic is turning this thread into ridiculous fight. :-t

i am sorry for my part in that, and i didnt respond to the post again with the intent of ending what got started. there were some behind the scenes things going on with that member and it kind of just came to a head in this thread unfortunately. it wont be an issue anymore...and again, i apologize to everyone...and meant in no way to take away or de-grade anything in this thread....just was trying to stick up for a fellow member. :-/ i realize in hindsight that i was poor judgement to respond in that way in a thread of this nature.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:41 pm

Yeah, that poster has been shown the door. Yet, again...

Don't worry deluxe. Not your fault it got off track. Just the childish behavior of other people that feel the need to come where they are no longer welcome.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:41 pm

This is my first post at the football cafe in a long time, and after going through this whole thread, I have come to a conclusion. *EDIT* or several

Someone previously mentioned that this story has been on the front page of every huge news source in America. Isn't this exactly what the man wanted? Why would he send video tapes of himself basically telling what's on his mind, to one of the biggest sources of news media in America? His message has been sent, and going by how America is affected by this, his message has been received.

It is also very unfortunate, because negative media is what American society wants to be informed of. Would a normal individual rather see a story about a Holocaust survivor doing everything in his power to save his class by blocking the entrance way and saving X amount of lives, or a story where several people are injured/killed in a tragedy like this? That said, and it's a very sad day when this happens, but stuff like this makes money.

Another thought, there is absolutely NO way an incident like this could be prevented. If the kid is that sick, then he will find alternate ways. Ban the guns, do what you can, but there is virtually no way this could be stopped from happening. It's a little bit like the "Whack a Mole" game, where someone can put a stop to a method of murder, but someone will come bursting up through a different hole with just another sick method.

It's taken me a couple of days for all of this to build up, because earlier this year, one of my greatest friends of all time, committed suicide. This is why I haven't been posting often. It has taken me damn near 3 months to get sufficient sleep at night. I couldn't wish the feeling i've had for 3 months upon anyone. It's unbearable. But life goes on...

I'm just firing everything out right now, and I'm sorry it's so long, I am absolutely disgusted by this tragedy, and at this point in time, I would like have liked nothing more than for this man to suffer. It sounds very extreme, but I'd bet a lot of money that I'm not the only one who feels like this...
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk