Drive? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Drive?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby m16a » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:36 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
m16a wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
m16a wrote:Decent. Saw a few snatches of it. Might check it out.

I don't think you can say that here m16. :-o :-b O:-)

:-? :-? I don't get it...

Good. ;-D

oh ok.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:41 pm

m16a wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
m16a wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Good. ;-D

oh ok.

You'll get it soon enough. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby 5 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:55 pm

I taped Monday night's episode but didn't realize I already missed one or two from Sunday. Oh well, after I found out "Let The Games Begin" wasn't the first one, I just deleted it. From what I heard on the radio, it sounded pretty good. When I saw the promos on TV, I just tuned out....way too many and when I'm bombarded, I'm turned off.
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:09 pm

i missed the first two eps on sunday as well as i forgot to set my dvr to tape the series. i did watch mondays ep and i thought the show was pretty decent overall. i hope it survives as it seems to have alot of secret past kinda stuff going on for some of the characters (fillon's mainly) course this could also be because i missed the first two eps that may have explained some things.i thought the ending to mondays ep was pretty cool as well so i'll keep watching.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby jayday » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:18 pm

m16a wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Guys, I think m16 meant he saw a few snippets of it O:-) :-b

Yea, I caught the first two eps on Sunday...Monday's ep is on my DVR, just haven't had time to watch it...Looks like a good show...

The ratings have bombed though, so don't be surprised if Fox cancels it...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:19 pm

logan wrote:i missed the first two eps on sunday as well as i forgot to set my dvr to tape the series. i did watch mondays ep and i thought the show was pretty decent overall. i hope it survives as it seems to have alot of secret past kinda stuff going on for some of the characters (fillon's mainly) course this could also be because i missed the first two eps that may have explained some things.i thought the ending to mondays ep was pretty cool as well so i'll keep watching.

Probably the biggest thing missed if the first two weren't watched is about the lady driving the minivan. I can give a brief summary of each car up this point, if anyone wants one.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:21 pm

jayday wrote:
m16a wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Guys, I think m16 meant he saw a few snippets of it O:-) :-b

Yea, I caught the first two eps on Sunday...Monday's ep is on my DVR, just haven't had time to watch it...Looks like a good show...

The ratings have bombed though, so don't be surprised if Fox cancels it...

i woulda watched it but i saw the cancellation probability and didn't want to disappoint myself with another cancelled series... it's not cancelled yet... but there have been articles about how it costs a ton of money to make and that it better find an audience quick... I never like those odds... I wanted to watch it... but shows like that and fastlane, black donnellys etc get cult followings but never last, unfortunately...

i hav 3 dvrs and 152 tv shows that i watch... i try just about every new show... but i saw the end of this before it aired... don't wanna do it to myself...

if the ratings are poor for a couple weeks it's dead :~(
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby logan » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:43 pm

fox has a tendency to kill off their own shows by bad decision making about when they air their shows. fastlane , which i really liked, was pretty big for a while and it was on a good night on tuesdays and then they decided to do to it the same thing they tried with dark angel and that was moving it to a friday night time slot. for those two shows it was death because the viewership they were targeting is not home to watch them on a friday. they are out at bars and with friends doing things on a friday.i know i was.granted dark angel also suffered from a ridiculous and horrendous story line and overall suckiness in season two but it still was a bad move moving it to that night.

i swear they could have drug out the whole "looking for my brothers and sisters" angle forever but wrapped up that whole story arc in one year.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:33 pm

Yea, Drive seems destined for for cancellation if only because it stars Nathan Fillion, whose previous Firefly got horribly mishandled by FOX and eventually stuck in the deathward FOX calls Friday night. However, if Drive can manage to stay in its current Monday timeslot, I think it has a good chance to make it through a couple seasons at least. I dunno what will happen when Prison Break comes back though.
:-?

I'm also not so sure what FOX was thinking when it decided to premiere 2 episodes on Sunday though. It might have worked with an established series like 24, but I'd guess that the usual FOX Sunday crowd tuned in expecting to watch Family Guy and turned off the TV when they got Drive. I hate FOX's penchant for moving shows around to different timeslots before they establish an audience. They seem to do it more often than other networks.
:-P
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby roninmedia » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:34 pm

Still downloading the first 3 episodes. They better be worth my time. :*)
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk