OFFSEASON SIG CONTEST - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

OFFSEASON SIG CONTEST

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

OFFSEASON SIG CONTEST

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:50 pm

well i thought id go ahead and try to spearhead a little offseason tourney since there seems to be some interest.

im open for suggestions but here is what i have in mind:

-head to head style with brackets randomly selected.

-each round would have a specific theme (example:quarterbacks), with requirements such as name, team, etc to be included somewhere in the sig.

-depending on how many people do this we could have a losers bracket where the winner of the losers could challenge the overall winner.

-no animation

-no file size limitations

-thinking of making these sigs bigger than cafe limits but can still be downsized later if someone wants to use them in the cafe. example...i made this sig at 480x120, but its easily downsized to cafe limits of 400x100:

still can be downsized to limits easily:

doing this would give the artists a bit more space to work with and make us have to pay a little more attention to detail. if this idea is not cool, fine by me, im just throwing it out there as a possibility.

so...who all is interested in joining a sig tourney death match?

of course, none of this stuff is final, just some ideas, so any input is appreciated....lets have fun with it ;-D

PARTICIPANTS:

1. Alkoholik
2. eagles21
3. RWLongy4
4. TheFranchise
5. Leber
6. joel....
7. boehlerking01
8. deluxe
9. Superman in Training
10. BGBootha
11. thatonepoorkid
12. SPC
Last edited by deluxe_247 on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:00 pm

i'm in ;-D

i'll shake dat old rust off and set down the bottle for a day.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby eagles21 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:08 pm

I'll be in this. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:23 pm

in ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheFranchise » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:14 pm

I'm in
TheFranchise
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Leber » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:34 pm

I'll play. ;-D
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:11 pm

I am in. I do think that we should do the seedings by having each participant make one sig from a predertmined render and each participant will rank the artists from best to worst so that we can have some sort of seedings. I did this in another forum and it worked great. Nobody would get eliminated there, just ranked. ;-D

I like the larger canvas idea too. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:23 pm

I"ll give this a shot.Although I have to admit I feel REALLLLYYY outclassed here.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:47 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:I am in. I do think that we should do the seedings by having each participant make one sig from a predertmined render and each participant will rank the artists from best to worst so that we can have some sort of seedings. I did this in another forum and it worked great. Nobody would get eliminated there, just ranked. ;-D

well the way i see it, if you are going to win...you are going to win regardless of the matchup. what i mean is if, for example, alkoholik wins the whole contest, it wouldnt have mattered if you faced him in the first round or the finals, you would still face the best artist eventually and lose...so it kind of works itself out. just seems like kind of a waste of time to make an extra sig just to get a certain matchup before it even starts.

just my opinion on that....ill leave that open for discussion here...so if you guys want a battle for seeding for the tourney, speak up. majority rules ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:51 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I am in. I do think that we should do the seedings by having each participant make one sig from a predertmined render and each participant will rank the artists from best to worst so that we can have some sort of seedings. I did this in another forum and it worked great. Nobody would get eliminated there, just ranked. ;-D

well the way i see it, if you are going to win...you are going to win regardless of the matchup. what i mean is if, for example, alkoholik wins the whole contest, it wouldnt have mattered if you faced him in the first round or the finals, you would still face the best artist eventually and lose...so it kind of works itself out. just seems like kind of a waste of time to make an extra sig just to get a certain matchup before it even starts.

just my opinion on that....ill leave that open for discussion here...so if you guys want a battle for seeding for the tourney, speak up. majority rules ;-D

I also like it cause it gives people a feel for the other artists when everybody makes a sig using the same render. I am in another contest that did this and it was really fun. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off