Reshuffle Rules - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2007 Cafeholics Reshuffle

Reshuffle Rules

Moderators: SwiperNoSwiping, The Balanced Man, Football Moderators

Postby jayday » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:23 pm

Everyone knows not to mention players that haven't been drafted yet, correct?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BGbootha » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:26 pm

jayday wrote:Everyone knows not to mention players that haven't been drafted yet, correct?

are you kidding me, TBM just listed like 1000 of them!!! :-t
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:30 pm

BGbootha wrote:
jayday wrote:Everyone knows not to mention players that haven't been drafted yet, correct?

ROFL. :-b
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:31 pm

BGbootha wrote:

I mean, like someone saying..."OMGZ, Swiper...How did you pass on 'Player X'?"

This would alert me that 'Player X' was still on the board, when I otherwise might have overlooked him...And I'm sure whoever follows me would not appreciate it if they had that player almost fall into their laps, and then have them stolen because someone alerts me that he hasn't been drafted yet...

This doesn't really matter at the moment because everyone is undrafted, but when we get into the later rounds, it's easy to overlook people....

edit- The same, sometimes unspoken, rule applies to fantasy drafts....Cheatsheets might be passed out pre-draft, but it's your own responsibility to mark off the names taken....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:38 pm

jayday wrote:
BGbootha wrote:

I mean, like someone saying..."OMGZ, Swiper...How did you pass on 'Player X'?"

This would alert me that 'Player X' was still on the board, when I otherwise might have overlooked him...And I'm sure whoever follows me would not appreciate it if they had that player almost fall into their laps, and then have them stolen because someone alerts me that he hasn't been drafted yet...

This doesn't really matter at the moment because everyone is undrafted, but when we get into the later rounds, it's easy to overlook people....

edit- The same, sometimes unspoken, rule applies to fantasy drafts....Cheatsheets might be passed out pre-draft, but it's your own responsibility to mark off the names taken....

Yeah I know, it actually drives me crazy. I was just being a smartbutt
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:48 pm

I'm human. :-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:51 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm human. :-)

Lies.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:37 pm

So i have to draft a FB correct? I cant draft 2 RBs and put one in my FB spot?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:46 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:So i have to draft a FB correct? I cant draft 2 RBs and put one in my FB spot?

No, I believe you are allowed to play people out of position...

I think this falls in with my RBBC argument from the jibjab thread....In my opinion, 2 RBs would acceptable as it is becoming more and more prevalent in the NFL...

Might wanna wait on an official ruling her though...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:49 pm

jayday wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:So i have to draft a FB correct? I cant draft 2 RBs and put one in my FB spot?

No, I believe you are allowed to play people out of position...

I think this falls in with my RBBC argument from the jibjab thread....In my opinion, 2 RBs would acceptable as it is becoming more and more prevalent in the NFL...

Might wanna wait on an official ruling her though...

I thought that was what the bench spot was for. If you want to do RBBC you can use one of your 3 bench spots on another RB.

If we can start a RB at FB whats to stop someone from starting a reciever at FB and completely changing the formation? Is that kosher? :-o
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Cafeholics Reshuffle