Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2007 Cafeholics Reshuffle

Jibber Jabber

Moderators: SwiperNoSwiping, The Balanced Man, Football Moderators

Re: Jibber Jabber

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:15 am

The Balanced Man wrote:Hey all...

I'll be on vacation from 8/5/2007 to 8/16/2007 in Hawaii.

I'll still have internet access, but will probably only briefly check in once a day (mostly for FCR and my drafts), and not much else

Just wanted to give you all a heads up. ;-D

Buisness must be good ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:42 am

it a shame but as it looks like this is just not going to get done and continuing on is an effort in futility it seems. with real drafts right around the corner it will probably get even worse.

put a tag on 'er cause this bit's done.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:50 pm

knapplc wrote:Why are we still doing this? Are we just trying to torture Swiper at this point?

How many people realize that we're three months into this thing and we have yet to reach the halfway mark?

How many people realize that the last three rounds have taken nearly two months to complete?

I see no point in continuing this when Swiper has had to make EIGHT picks for guys who have abandoned their teams in just the last three rounds alone, and that’s not even counting the picks he’s made for guys “per his PM.”

Please, for the sake of Swiper's sanity, let's just stop.

I agree. I have little interest in this and nearly regret getting PM's about it being my pick. It's just going WAY too slow.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:06 pm

I've been in this for several weeks, haven't made a pick yet, but hey... I'm all for not killing swiper... he's good people. Let's end this madness before he goes insane. wait, do i get a vote?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Warpigs » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:59 pm

It's a shame that we have to consider killing this off again. I was a little nervous about drafting a miserable team, but learned that this can be fun. Obviously, it isn't much fun waiting over a week to make a pick, though.

Any chance we could get other cafe members to rate the teams through the first 12 rounds? Obviously wouldn't be complete teams overall and some teams with certain strategies may suffer, but still could be cool to get feedback on.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby treat24 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:08 pm

Warpigs wrote:It's a shame that we have to consider killing this off again. I was a little nervous about drafting a miserable team, but learned that this can be fun. Obviously, it isn't much fun waiting over a week to make a pick, though.

Any chance we could get other cafe members to rate the teams through the first 12 rounds? Obviously wouldn't be complete teams overall and some teams with certain strategies may suffer, but still could be cool to get feedback on.

i don;t care i guess, i never made a pick... so just make sure to give onnestabe credit for the Saints... he's the brainchild behind the team, i can't take any credit for it... ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dolfin99 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:27 pm

I agree with Knapp. Although, I think we made it further this year than we did last year.

Anyway, if we continue to go on, it will get to the point where Swiper will be making picks for every team :-t

Stick a fork in it, there is no way we will ever get through this thing.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:24 am

You guys are all just afraid. Very afraid. :-o

My team is the best!! That's why they always call me the best..
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby knapplc » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:31 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:You guys are all just afraid. Very afraid. :-o

My team is the best!! That's why they always call me the best..

I'm liking my O-Line and RB very much. I'm working on my defense, but I have targets that will work for the scheme I'm planning.

Long story short - I'm much more happy with my team than I thought I'd be. I'd love to finish this off and see how my team is judged, but it's just not possible at this pace.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:00 pm

so at this point should we just consider some ideas on how this might possibly work in the future???
what if we had only 20 teams? what if we had a live draft? (that doesn´t seem feasible after I suggested it, but maybe)
How does everyone feel about Having one guy run it for like 4 rounds, and then another guy the next 4 or something.
It´s clear the mindset has changed about this, so let´s not dwell on a sinking ship. That´s all I´m saying.

Everyone enjoy your summer (as if this should be stopping you) and while you´re at it enjoy another summer for me since I´m in chile and it´s freaking cold here. And they have no central heating, just these little electric oversized toaster ovens without a door. And when I go back to boston in the winter it´s gonna be even colder. So yeah, enjoy your summer because I´m sure as hell enjoying my ¨Summer of Winte¨[/rant]
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Cafeholics Reshuffle