Jibber Jabber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2007 Cafeholics Reshuffle

Jibber Jabber

Moderators: SwiperNoSwiping, The Balanced Man, Football Moderators

Re: Jibber Jabber

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:14 pm

Yeah guys, I don't think I have the energy to recussitate this thing a few times like last year. Seems most people are content with the death of it, and so it goes.

Down goes the Reshuffle.

I do want to give everyone a thank you though, for trying to make this work. Most of you really did make an effort to speed this up, make solid picks, discuss strategies, etc. It was a lot of fun to be a part of. Thanks for all of your efforts.

Also, thanks to TBM for helping me run this gig.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:23 pm

Are we shutting this down officially?
We should still bring it to great debates to let people see the teams that almost were, though. :~(
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 pm

:,-(

I was oh so close to making my next pick, too. :-B

Thanks for running this, Swiper and TBM. And thanks to all the guys that were active and made it fun. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:56 am

Taco Wallace...
CC, that's priceless! :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:40 am

CC wrote:13.14 - Taco Wallace

It's poetic that I am the one to make the final pick, as the Reshuffle v1.0 was my idea originally.
Here is your Mr. Irrelevant.

Beautiful ending man. :b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:16 pm

great debates, or hold a poll vote and top 8 teams go into playoffs for voting.....we revert everyone's roster to the last round we all had a person drafted(that was no one has extra picks)
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:20 pm

Alkaholik wrote:great debates, or hold a poll vote and top 8 teams go into playoffs for voting.....we revert everyone's roster to the last round we all had a person drafted(that was no one has extra picks)

Maybe we could all pick partners and combine our rosters to make one team. You want to be mine, Alkie? Cuz you have a great offense and I have a great defense!

:-B :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:56 pm

Or we could make it into an article and have people who feel like it write short pieces on their teams. I'd be all for that ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:53 am

dream_017 wrote:Image

I looked back last week and realized that since June 4th I have made 4 picks and I see nothing that will make me believe that I will be on the clock in the next 5 days to make the 5th pick in 2 months. Like the majority, I would have loved to see this finished, but I think there are too many that just didn't take it as serious as others. Not saying this is serious, but if you sign up for something, you should at least make sure that you can see it through or find a replacement yourself. Swiper and TBM did a great job recruiting everyone and setting this up only to have it ruined by a few. I know FF is not life and death and there are factors that can cause people to drop out...especially with a group this big, but there should be a courtesy when you sign up for things. Just my 2 cents

Thanks for putting this together TBM and Swiper. ;-D

What dream said 100%. ;-D

Sad to see this end. I was having fun even though it was taking forever. I'll never understand why some people sign up for something and then just disappear without a word. LIke dream said, either see it through, find a replacement for yourself, or even just let Swiper & TBM know that you need a replacement. Life comes before fantasy football. We all know that. No reason would even be needed. Just a simple heads up would be the right thing to do when you have 25-30 active people patiently waiting to make their next pick.

On another note:

I hope that we decide to give it another go next year. Maybe we can think of a few ways to make it easier to finish. I really like the idea of having 32 people represent each of the 32 teams. What about starting A LOT earlier? I know it's been brought up that it's better to start after the NFL Draft so we can see all the rookie that get drafted. But why does that matter? Most of us know the top rookies that will be drafted and we haven't drafted that many rookies anyway. I say we start a few weeks after the Super Bowl ends. I think we should still include rookies since we're drafting them on talent, not the team that drafts them.

Thoughts?

PS: HUGE thanks to Swiper & TBM for keeping this going the best they could. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:57 pm

Bump

I win :-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to 2007 Cafeholics Reshuffle