Priest's back up? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest's back up?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Priest's back up?

Postby Mikey » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:48 pm

I've seen it listed as Larry Johnson in some places and Derrick Blaylock in others.

Anyone know for sure (or does it take a committee to replace Priest?).

Thanks.
Mikey

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

backups

Postby keith » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:52 pm

I have Holmes in my league. Blaylock is listed as his immediate backup. I have both Blaylock and Johnson on my bench just in case. K.C.'s offensive line is one of the best and either one would do well. If you have Holmes and the room on your bench get both.
keith

Friendliness: %

Postby mannubhai » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:00 pm

Larry Johnson is suppposedly the real backup for Priest, hence he got drafted so high.
Blaylock is the official backup. But unofficially it is Larry Johnson.

I would pick up both if available. In our league Larry Johnson was drafted in the sixth round by the Priest Holmes owner and Blaylock is still a FA
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:51 pm

Reeves said a week or so ago that Blaylock will be the backup unless something significant happens to Priest to lead them to believe he could have trouble getting through a whole game. The reasoning here being that LJ is a rookie and doesn't completely understand the offense and isn't as useful a blocker as Blaylock yet. Blaylock, on the other hand, can block and play special teams. So he'll be the backup unless something comes up.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:50 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:Reeves said a week or so ago that Blaylock will be the backup...

When did Dan Reeves start coaching the CHiefs? Well, I guess he's about as old as Dicky V. LOL

BTW From a Kansas CItiian....its Blaylock...LJ has hardly seen as much as a Sideline on Sundays so far, and it may be that way for awhile. They like DB as a change of pace back and he is becoming a better receiver than they thought.

I wouldnt be surprised to see KC dangle LJ to someone in the offseason...that may go down as one of KC''s all time worst moves drafting Johnson.....they could have had a guy like William Joseph or even the guy Pitts. took in the trade (Polamolu)

But then again, there is always the memories of Trezelle Jenkins ....
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk