Tattooed Marines - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Tattooed Marines

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:56 pm

hmmm seems pretty lame to me. let them do what they want.

now everyone will just go get tats before they sign up....problem solved.

my grandpa fought and served our country in the navy in world war II proudly wearing a tat on his forearm. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:19 pm

danielrp wrote:Yeah, I do not like the new rule either. Like other services, there should be regulations concerning tats below the elbow and knee, but a ban is not the way to go.

Having tats has no effect on the way we work, fight, or serve the people of this great country. As far as tarnishing the image of the Marine Corps, I think that is crap as well. The image most people have of Marines is in Dress Blues (this is our best dress). Guess what???? In this uniform, you cannot see below your elbow or knee.

Like you said, once we sign up, we belong to the US Govt. For instance, when I was in Hawaii, a friend of mine was given Non-Judicial-Punishment for having to miss work due to a severe sunburn. The punishment stated "Destruction to Government Property".

With that said, there are many other ways that they could control my life....but they don't.

thanks Daniel i wanted to hear from you. My buddy just got out of the Marines after serving in Iraq and now is a firefighter. He has a Tat on his left arm above the elbow that has to deal with his platoon
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:24 pm

Guess I think the people that serve and protect our country should be able to do what they want. If they want a tattoo, let em have it.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:29 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
danielrp wrote:For instance, when I was in Hawaii, a friend of mine was given Non-Judicial-Punishment for having to miss work due to a severe sunburn. The punishment stated "Destruction to Government Property".

That's great. :-b !+) ;-D

that is ridiculous
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:35 pm

I always thought there were regulations regarding tats that were visible while in uniform. as roy said destruction of government property.

but oh well the government own your a$$ when your in the service and it's not democracy.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Redskins Win wrote:I always thought there were regulations regarding tats that were visible while in uniform. as roy said destruction of government property.

but oh well the government own your a$$ when your in the service and it's not democracy.

Where the heck have you been?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:03 pm

knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:I always thought there were regulations regarding tats that were visible while in uniform. as roy said destruction of government property.

LOL, I was about to ask the same thing. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:09 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
knapplc wrote:

LOL, I was about to ask the same thing. :-b

Remember he got laid off? I imagine he doesn't have as much computer access anymore. Or he's just not sitting in front of a computer all day anymore. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:13 pm

I don't consider that an excuse, Met. :-[

:-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:03 pm

knapplc wrote:I don't consider that an excuse, Met. :-[

:-b

True. What the heck has he been doing all day since he doesn't have a job....looking for one? :-?

Get your priorities straight RW the Cafe comes first. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk