Tattooed Marines - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Tattooed Marines

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mrblitz » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:19 pm

Personally, I think it's pathetic. I mean, these guys are servicing our Country proudly, and willing to heroically sacrifice their life. So they should be able to be tatted from head to toe without question. :-P

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:14 pm

All this talk of tattoo's (and someone mentioned firemen) made me think of the firmen who got the 911 tattoo on his back (the left shoulder has the name of all the firemen from his hall that were killied). Sorry to stray off topic.

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby McPeePants » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:00 pm

My friend just got back and all this rule did was to make him finish up his sleeve quicker. In the past month he went from just a couple on his right arm to a fully tatted up arm. It sucks that he cant get his other one done in time cuse his right arm looks bad a$$
McPeePants
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:03 pm

As a general rule of thumb I find it ridiculous to tell someone who puts their life at risk as their job what they can do with their own body. I sincrely hope enough marines refuse to acknowledge this BS that it becomes unenforceable.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:25 pm

As a former USAF service member, I can see both sides. You are the property of the US Goverment & they can thell you when and where your next bathroom break will be. On the other hand I can see where it shouldn't make a difference if you have any tattoos or not. Just as long as they are not visible while in uniform (BDUs or Dress Blues).

I also remember the sunburn rule. A couple of my exsquadron members got a bad sunburn. That was great.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:17 am

I was in the Navy back in the early '90's, at that time if we wanted a tat we were required to pt in a request chit.

I think some guys didn't, but the tats were at inconspicuous places, so they didn't get in trouble.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Previous

Return to General Talk