It may be the booze talking... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

It may be the booze talking...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:42 pm

i like futurama
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Karoz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:38 am

moonhead wrote:i like futurama

Futurama is a good show as well.

Some people claim that it isn't a good show, primarily because they try to compare it to Family Guy. This type of comparison is extremely unfair, and entirely invalid. Family Guy is more of a series of random jokes loosely based on a storyline. Futurama, on the other hand, is based on a solid storyline with a few jokes thrown in.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:54 am

Karoz wrote:

Some people claim that it isn't a good show, primarily because they try to compare it to Family Guy. This type of comparison is extremely unfair, and entirely invalid. Family Guy is more of a series of random jokes loosely based on a storyline. Futurama, on the other hand, is based on a solid storyline with a few jokes thrown in.

yeah family guy is funny, but i think the writers are a bunch of hacks. i don't see a whole lot of talent there. sure they make funny shock jokes, but meh. i find it tiresome after a couple of watches. the older episodes were good, but as the show progressed it became more disjointed. futurama has a much higher re-watchability score in my book. so in conclusion family guy is low brow crap and futurama is good solid comedy. :-D

edit: not to mention that there are a few episodes of futurama that can make a grown man cry. and that's just good solid writing.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Karoz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:04 am

moonhead wrote:
Karoz wrote:

yeah family guy is funny, but i think the writers are a bunch of hacks. i don't see a whole lot of talent there. sure they make funny shock jokes, but meh. i find it tiresome after a couple of watches. the older episodes were good, but as the show progressed it became more disjointed. futurama has a much higher re-watchability score in my book. so in conclusion family guy is low brow crap and futurama is good solid comedy. :-D

edit: not to mention that there are a few episodes of futurama that can make a grown man cry. and that's just good solid writing.

I am glad that you posted about the depressing episodes.

The one where the dog waits on the sidewalk for 10+ years for Fry to come home, and eventually dies of old age is a classic.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:06 am

Karoz wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Karoz wrote:

The one where the dog waits on the sidewalk for 10+ years for Fry to come home, and eventually dies of old age is a classic.

that is one of the saddest things i've ever watched. the one that always gets me is "the luck of the fryish". where fry is looking for his seven leaf clover. i just watched it on dvd. i own all the futuramas and family guys. i could chuck the last 2 family guy sets. they're worthless after about 2 runs through.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Karoz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:15 am

moonhead wrote:
Karoz wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Karoz wrote:

that is one of the saddest things i've ever watched. the one that always gets me is "the luck of the fryish". where fry is looking for his seven leaf clover. i just watched it on dvd. i own all the futuramas and family guys. i could chuck the last 2 family guy sets. they're worthless after about 2 runs through.

I own all of the Futurama DVDs as well. I've never wasted my money on Family Guy, because as you said, once you see them a couple of times they basically become worthless.

The Luck of the Fryish is a great episode as well. Not sure why it gets to me so much, as I usually am not affected by movies or shows. I guess it makes you think of similar things that have happened in your life, or perhaps it makes you miss the good old days when you were younger.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moonhead » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:22 am

Karoz wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Karoz wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Karoz wrote:

I own all of the Futurama DVDs as well. I've never wasted my money on Family Guy, because as you said, once you see them a couple of times they basically become worthless.

The Luck of the Fryish is a great episode as well. Not sure why it gets to me so much, as I usually am not affected by movies or shows. I guess it makes you think of similar things that have happened in your life, or perhaps it makes you miss the good old days when you were younger.

i agree. it's a mystery to me as well. i guess part of it is just wanting to be remembered once you're gone. as a sign of love from the people that you loved. i don't know. i never had a brother, so the relationship that is explored there is not common with me. it's a shame that the show only made it for about 5 seasons. but i have read rumors of 4 movies being made to be aired on comedy central. so that has me excited.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:48 am

moonhead wrote:
Karoz wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Karoz wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Karoz wrote:

i agree. it's a mystery to me as well. i guess part of it is just wanting to be remembered once you're gone. as a sign of love from the people that you loved. i don't know. i never had a brother, so the relationship that is explored there is not common with me. it's a shame that the show only made it for about 5 seasons. but i have read rumors of 4 movies being made to be aired on comedy central. so that has me excited.

there will be at least 13 new episodes of futurama...

and the 2 shows you mentioned are two of my favorites....

comedy central renewed the show, but don't get it til 2008

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7177
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby ironman » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:33 am

I used to like Scrubs but it's started to annoy me a little. I blame the ridiculous amount of stations that run it in syndication now. Although I have to say that of the sitcoms getting massive runs in syndication, it's far better than that "According to Jim" or "Still Standing" crap. Who sold their souls to the devil to keep those shows going?
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:31 am

ironman wrote:I used to like Scrubs but it's started to annoy me a little. I blame the ridiculous amount of stations that run it in syndication now. Although I have to say that of the sitcoms getting massive runs in syndication, it's far better than that "According to Jim" or "Still Standing" crap. Who sold their souls to the devil to keep those shows going?

LOL!

I just read that this is the last season for Scrubs, it's ending at the right time. I wonder if Cox will give JD that hug he's always been looking for...
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk